• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

New gun owner

Hi

I just got my first gun in Dec and a friend recommended this site to me. Great folks here.

I am in Roswell / Woodstock area and looking for an outdoor range / property to practice. Can someone make a recommendation?

Thanks in advance
Kevin
If you are looking for private outdoor training, check out Executive Training Group. They have an outdoor range up in Ball Ground, GA. Garret is a solid instructor. I have taken a bunch of their courses. My wife has also completed intro to pistol and pistol 1 with them.

Wilson Shoals is very nice. And for the price of a yearly fishing license you can't beat.

Also, being new to guns, please don't be that guy that points it carelessly around. Always keep muzzle down range and finger off trigger until ready to fire loaded or not.
Yup...I have been to the indoor ranges many times over the years and have good basic gun safety and trigger finger discipline. Just finally got to own one myself. Will check into Wilson Shoals. Thanks

River Bend Gun Club. There is no substitute. I wish they had one up here like that. I was a member for years before I moved. I would go through the week day and have the place to myself. There might have been a few elderly men doing the precision rimfire thing but that's it. I could take my time. It was very therapeutic. I use to spend hours on the 200 yard range and then finish up knocking down some plates with my trusty 1911's. It's not a bad drive at all from Roswell.

Back
Top Bottom