• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

New gun sight

Aries4790

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
66   0
Reaction score
I'm looking for a new optic for my AR, I really like the Trijicon ACOG, but I'm am short on cash...any suggestions for a good reasonably priced fiber optic sight?

I would prefer something with a 3-4X magnification

I would recommend spending the money that you have on ammo and just use your iron sights. They work surprisingly well and you'll be far better served by becoming more proficient from shooting more than by having an optic and shooting less. Just my opinion of course.

He is correct, provided your eyes are good, I'm in 60's and mine went to hell in 50's so need all the help I can get. Last yr the Wife got me the new short 123 battery Eotech with NV mode and 2 dots with the Eotech magnifier, for me that is the cats meow. The center dot zero'd at 100 yds makes the bottom dot good at 500 and the bottom of the large circle right on at 7 yards. For 3 gun matches when targets are from 10 to 200 yards, it serves my old butt well. I do however have and use BUIS, if you can't shoot in a pinch with iron sights, you need to learn that first, cause optics fail no matter their cost.

Back
Top Bottom