• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Front sight color vs dot color

jeepnuts

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Rockcrawlin’ Toyota Dude
141   0
Reaction score
Hey all

I have a question about RDS/mini reflex sight dot color vs front sight colors.

I like a blacked out serrated rear sights and a bright color front sight. I don’t have a preference in color. I have green ones and orange ones and they’re both fine.

BUT, when adding a dot, should the dot be red with red and green with green should it be a different color/ opposite color like a green dot and a red front sight? I have figured out that I like 6 moa dots better but I don’t think I care what color because my eyes pick up either color just fine.

If it’s just preference, I’ve tried both and I don’t really think I have a preference but if there is compelling evidence for one over the other, I would like to hear that

I have searched the internet and have found articles about dot colors but nothing about front sight colors compared to dot colors.

In low light, outlined sights are a help. But really if you can shoot, it's somewhat immaterial. Historically, I've always liked the S&W red ramp front sight and rear outlined sight. I also like the Gen 5 Glock sights. In the daylight, the front sight is orange and rear green dot. At night they're green night sights. Three dot sights are nice too

In low light, outlined sights are a help. But really if you can shoot, it's somewhat immaterial. Historically, I've always liked the S&W red ramp front sight and rear outlined sight. I also like the Gen 5 Glock sights. In the daylight, the front sight is orange and rear green dot. At night they're green night sights. Three dot sights are nice too
Sir, it seems you read about one or two sentences before you wrote a reply but thank you for your input

For some reason. I like green fiber fronts with my irons. But I prefer a red dot vs the green dots.
Also noted that on a competition pistol, I will either remove the front sight or just take out the fiber.

Also noted, if you are properly target focused whilst shooting with a red dot, You won’t notice the front sight no matter the color

Back
Top Bottom