New hunter with LOADS OF questions

I suggest that you pay for a first hunt.

I will compare it to flying an airplane. You only have to know about a hundred things. But you have to know all of them at once without stopping to think about it.

Too true! Sit in the woods hours on end for just a few mins of adrenaline when you see the ONE! Once you do though it is hook line and sinker. There is nothing like it!

You don't necessarily have to pay somebody, but I would really suggest hunting with someone knowledgeable few times out at least. It will really jump start the learning curve!

Too true! Sit in the woods hours on end for just a few mins of adrenaline when you see the ONE! Once you do though it is hook line and sinker. There is nothing like it!

You don't necessarily have to pay somebody, but I would really suggest hunting with someone knowledgeable few times out at least. It will really jump start the learning curve!

It's pretty boring sitting in the woods, but I've never once thought I wanted to be somewhere else while I was in the woods, and I always want to be in the woods when I'm not there. There is no cure for the fever.

Might seem stupid, but dont forget to load your gun. Nothing worse than having a deer in your sights and hearing "click" when you pull the trigger. Toilet paper might be a good thing to pack, just in case. Cant think of anything else at the moment that hasnt already been mentioned. Oh, definitely wear plenty of orange if hunting a WMA.
X2 on the orange. I also avoid wearing brown such as Carhartt on WMAs eapeciallly doe days.

It blows me away that people will pull the trigger on a target that they haven't taken the time to positively ID, or checked out what's behind it. A .308 round is still plenty lethal beyond a 1000 yards.

Well, there isn't any kind of IQ or common sense test required to buy a gun. Some idiots just shoot at anything that moves.

Back
Top Bottom