• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

New Member Robbed At Gun Point

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks guys! I have fully recovered from this incident and have no problems running or walking any more. They decided to just leave the bullet in me, they said it would cause more harm trying to dig it out.

I was shot with a .38 revolver that was stolen out of Mexico. I am proud to say that I carry concealed every day and have purchased a few guns from this forum.

Welcome to ODT. I was shot with a .38 special when I was a 11 years old. It was accidental. You, like myself, are lucky to have not have permanent damage. Glad to hear that you have taken steps to help protect yourself in the future.

Welcome to the ODT, Glad you are ok and good to hear no permanent damage!!! Also good to hear you are CC daily. I do too, but hope I never have to use mine..but I am ready if I do. I was in Orlando back in the early 90's and late one night I went to buy gas, this was before pay at the pump was everywhere. I went around the corner to pay at the window and I was already back in my van when I realized I wasn't alone... Lucky for me the guy was unarmed and I had left my 9mm & phone in the hotel room. It took me about 45 minutes to get the police's attention to get the guy out of my van... We were both lucky, I didn't get shot and he was lucky I didn't have my S&W 59 with me....Now I lock my doors if I step away from the vehicle and CC every day...

Sorry to hear about your experience! As soon as I saw East Point and MARTA I knew where this was going. Hope I don't offend anyone, but one of the first lessons I learned moving to Atlanta was not to go South of 20 unless going to Airport or OTP.

I'm also new to the board and to GA. One of the first things I did was get a CCL. I'm still deciding/debating whether to carry. More so whether to conceal or open.

If you have any questions, I'm here man. Get Well!!

Very sorry to hear that you were attacked and shot, but glad you're here. As others have said, practice and next time turn the tables if possible. Sometimes it's better to lose a wallet than blood.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom