• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

New project - 1970 Ford

One other item to watch for is any rubber fuel lines you haven't changed yet.
Also the fuel pump may disintegrate with the ethanol laced gas.
Will gum up everything if there are old rubber still in the system
Mike
Already got rubber lines swapped. Drained the tank, should probably check out the pump.

Just a heads up on flowmasters I put 40 series not too loud good sound. Not sure where you are. Got mine at g&S IN Kennesaw. Under 400.00. Good time to put in sound insulation if the interiors still out.
Cool. I’m in Decatur. Will probably have someone in town do it. Under $400 for everything? 40 series, pipe, etc?

Cool. I’m in Decatur. Will probably have someone in town do it. Under $400 for everything? 40 series, pipe, etc?
Yep, under 4 bills .Don't know what all they used, but it's an 04 f150 and was factory single to bad a** rumbler. I love big parking lots with speedbumps with the windows down.

Rinsed her off, and tried something new to shine her up.

“Shine juice,” is what Vice Grips Garage on youtube calls it. 8 oz Linseed oil & to 4 oz mineral spirits. Makes more than enough, would probably cut amount in half next time. Wash her, apply with a rag, and boy does it make her shine. Curious as to how long it’ll last. View attachment 4534419View attachment 4534420

Changed the trans fluid, which was filthy. Will be changing oil & filter, oil pressure sending unit early this week. Then should be good to get on the road! Will need to address the exhaust system soon. Original muffler? Is partly rusted out and she’s loud. Looking for something that will sound good, duh, but won’t bother me in the cab. I’ve heard good things about Flowmaster. Any ideas on price to get new system installed?

Also, a new neighbor around the corner stopped by with his F350. She’s pretty. Apparently the 350 has a 302 as well? I figured it would have a big block. I love the green.View attachment 4534448
Your blue truck just keeps looking better and better. Looks like you're going to make a new one out of it one of these days...
I can't imagine a 302 in a F350, just not enough motor. Maybe a 351, I've seen that.

Your blue truck just keeps looking better and better. Looks like you're going to make a new one out of it one of these days...
I can't imagine a 302 in a F350, just not enough motor. Maybe a 351, I've seen that.
Thank you sir! Definitely won’t be close to new, but trying to clean her up a little.

Yep, didn’t make much sense to me. May be a 351. I dunno

Back
Top Bottom