• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

New sheath for DAN Knives MAKO

blackplague14

Default rank <1000 posts
Frontiersman
48   0
Reaction score
I've been using one of Fatzombie's Mako knives for a couple of months as my daily work knife. I had made a multi cam sheath that rode high and tight, which worked great for everyday carry but I kept catching my t-shirt while returning the knife to it's sheath. I use the blade approximately 20 times a day, most of the time while holding something with my other hand, so one handed re-sheathing is a must. I was digging around my gun stuff and found a Blade Tech offset drop from an old holster, so I cooked up another sheath last night. Liner is .060 blood red Kydex. Outer is .060 black Kydex. I have the Chicago screws sandwiched between the two layers so that they can not contact and scratch the blade. Belt attachment is a large Tek-Lok. The sheath is probably a little too high profile for daily carry outside of work, but it worked perfectly for me today.

The only black screws that I have are too long, so the stainless will have to do for now.

The knife is pictured on top of some the the insulation I was was cutting today. Danny's knife has really held up well to the rigors of daily construction life. I couldn't be happier with it.

Looks good. I like the two tone look of the sheath. Do you have any more pics of the knife?

Post #7 in this link is what it looked like before I beat it all to hell. http://www.theoutdoorstrader.com/threads/388675-Fixed-Blade-EDC The blade really holds an edge well, but we use metal patterns to cut around on the 1" thick insulation. So 1" from the tip of the blade is a mess of scratches from the edge of the metal pattern. I'll try to get a good pic posted tomorrow.

Post #7 in this link is what it looked like before I beat it all to hell. http://www.theoutdoorstrader.com/threads/388675-Fixed-Blade-EDC The blade really holds an edge well, but we use metal patterns to cut around on the 1" thick insulation. So 1" from the tip of the blade is a mess of scratches from the edge of the metal pattern. I'll try to get a good pic posted tomorrow.

Ahh. I thought the handle looked familiar. This is the same one I had a chance to look at when I met with you last time.....the one that talked me into getting my own, but smaller for EDC. Just picked it up today.

Also, with the chaos of Blade Show being over, I am hoping to get some good pictures of his knives up on our Facebook page. Keep checking over there. Just search Knuckle Dragger Tools.

Back
Top Bottom