• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

New to Alpharetta

7F002E68-E40C-4162-9044-F944B8F544F3.gif

Hey All,

Been here about two months, but just getting to introducing myself after taking some time to get acclimated to the area, planning a wedding, and finding a job. Anyways, just moved here from the Los Angeles area. Before you make any knee jerk judgement, I'm not a bleeding heart liberal that's about to turn this place into anything like that state. I was raised in MA until I was 20 and spent the last 20 years just having fun and building a career out there. Now that I'm finally back into an area of normalcy, I'm finally getting back into enjoying many hobbies I had back in MA. Most of which has been fishing so far, but now that hunting season is upon us I'm getting back into that as well.

First off, I need to get out an sight in my 30-06 for the upcoming dear season. Does anyone have a recommendation on a range out here that extends past 100 yards? 100 yards will be plenty for zeroing in for hunting, but I did get into long range precision shooting in the CA desert and haven't been able to find anything that extends past 200 yards to really stretch out with my 308. But, also very happy to hear about recommendation for 100-200 yard ranges in the near area to get the hunting rifle dialed in.

Also, interested in advice and even meeting up with fellow hunters nearby for a beer to chat about where are good areas to hunt. I don't mean to encroach on anyone's favorite hunting grounds, but would love any advice that people are willing to share.

So far I've had a few interactions on this forum and all have been great. Not seeing as much down talking as I was seeing on forums out west, which is very pleasant to see. Was thinking of waiting until the gun show & swap meet to meet people, but that will be a bit late into the hunting season. I will be there though, so I look forward to meeting some of you there.

Anyways... Hello! Hit me up with any range or hunting recommendations or just to say hello back.

Thanks!

-Chris
Welcome aboard.

This one:
Thanks, Ottoman! Looks like a great place to sight in, will likely be going by there this Wednesday in late morning if anyone is around to shoot.

Welcome.

We're an odd bunch but generally get along.

My favorite place to shoot. I call it shooting Valhalla.

Couple of hours away but WELL worth the drive.
Thanks, Hayata! This place looks awesome! 2 hours isn't a bad drive for well set up range like this. Will definitely be going by here in the near future.

Thanks, everyone else, for saying hello! Looking forward to chatting you all up.

Welcome to the South. Generally, yes, people are nice. We try to be certainly.

Georgia Gun Club is in Buford, and has indoor 100yd indoor range. Great place to zero.

Past 100yd, yes, Talladega as Hayata mentioned. 2 hour drive, at state line you fall back an hour time zone. 600 yards and a great day.

Back
Top Bottom