• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

NEW Vectronix Vector X

wolfmanrogers

Default rank <2000 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
43   0
Reaction score
So, I got to play with one of these a few weeks ago, and I was blown away. I can't wait until they are available. Anyone else have a chance to mess around with one, plan on geting one?

So, I got to play with one of these a few weeks ago, and I was blown away. I can't wait until they are available. Anyone else have a chance to mess around with one, plan on geting one?

Certainly interested to play with and possibly buy one. I have a Terrapin X that has been solid. Bring that tech into some quality binos and I'll be all over it.

I'm holding off to see if there is blue tint. I can't stand blue tint of virtually any type. I currently run the Swaro EL Range 8x32s and the onboard atmospherics/ballistics have been spot on and incredibly easy to true via bc/fps.

Only two downsides, only 3 rifle profiles at once and it gives me the range then the DOPE, alternating. Id rather have them both at the same time, just would save a second or so when on the clock.

The upside is it's Swaro glass and they are much smaller/lighter than these Vectronix.

Good to see this category of optics being advanced regardless.

I'm holding off to see if there is blue tint. I can't stand blue tint of virtually any type. I currently run the Swaro EL Range 8x32s and the onboard atmospherics/ballistics have been spot on and incredibly easy to true via bc/fps.

Only two downsides, only 3 rifle profiles at once and it gives me the range then the DOPE, alternating. Id rather have them both at the same time, just would save a second or so when on the clock.

The upside is it's Swaro glass and they are much smaller/lighter than these Vectronix.

Good to see this category of optics being advanced regardless.
These put the Swaros to shame. They’re even more intuitive, no tint to the image that I could see at all.

These put the Swaros to shame. They’re even more intuitive, no tint to the image that I could see at all.
Put the Swaros to shame how? Are you saying they have better glass? That would be a shocker. I am assuming you mean the ability to range at distances beyond 1k, and I am sure you are correct there considering the laser on the Vectronix. As for the accuracy of SWAROs solver/atmospherics, in my testing it's been more accurate than AB using the same conditions.

At the end of the day the Vectronix is a more full featured LRF but that is the strength of the Swaro EL Range, they are dead simple and your bullet goes exactly where it says it will.
I saw pics of the Vectronix that appeared blue, I'll hold judgement until I see them in person. I've had people tell me RMRs aren't blue.
If they truly have Swaro level glass (they need to be great binos first and foremost) and they make a smaller lighter variant, I would be interested.

Put the Swaros to shame how? Are you saying they have better glass? That would be a shocker. I am assuming you mean the ability to range at distances beyond 1k, and I am sure you are correct there considering the laser on the Vectronix. As for the accuracy of SWAROs solver/atmospherics, in my testing it's been more accurate than AB using the same conditions.

At the end of the day the Vectronix is a more full featured LRF but that is the strength of the Swaro EL Range, they are dead simple and your bullet goes exactly where it says it will.
I saw pics of the Vectronix that appeared blue, I'll hold judgement until I see them in person. I've had people tell me RMRs aren't blue.
If they truly have Swaro level glass (they need to be great binos first and foremost) and they make a smaller lighter variant, I would be interested.
The glass isn’t the star of the show with the Vector X, it’s excellent and totally functional, it’s the rest of the capabilities and ease of use that set it apart. I wish I had time to go into it all via text, unfortunately I don’t right now. With this type of optic, glass quality isn’t my primary concern as long as it isn’t a hindrance. Swaro accentuates greens in the color spectrum, and lots of people see this as a “brighter” image. I’m not using these for birding, so color isn’t my main concern Personally, I’d skew the image rendition in favor of contrast. Vectronix has.

Back
Top Bottom