Newbie to Coyote hunting

bearring0

Default rank <300 posts
Tracker
11   0
Reaction score
Wanting to get into coyote hunting.. Don't know exactly where to start. Looking to go with someone, or talk to someone on how to start. Looking for any tips or advice thanks! God bless

Watch videos about calling techniques. Rabbit distress and coyote challenge have always worked for me. Mouth calls work. I've called in coyotes using the squeaker I've taken out of a dog chew toy (before the dogs got it). I have used an electronic caller as well that works. I also feel a decoy, something with a little fur and moves, helps a great deal. When I first started hunting them years ago, I bought a Wild Wiesel toy (google it) painted the bright orange ball camo green, stuck it on a 2 ft metal rod and it worked for years. This makes them focus on that decoy and hopefully not see you!

You need good camo/concealment. Yotes are smart and will smell / spot you if you're not careful.

Be patient. Some days you won't see nary a one. Other days they run right at you.

Hope this helps a little. Good luck!

Maybe this will help. I attached it to a rod so I could stick it in the ground about 30 yds in front of my
position. Just angled slightly so the "weasel" would spin erratically.
20180205_223053.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004GL9GFY/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Back
Top Bottom