• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

NFA trust lawyer/attorney in middle GA

A lot of people on here including myself used Dean @ NFA Lawyers based in Marietta. Its all online. I normally file individual, but for form-1s I use a Trust.

Basically fill out the order form in 5min, pay them $99 and they will create you GA trust and email you the documents in 24hrs.

A lot of people on here including myself used Dean @ NFA Lawyers based in Marietta. Its all online. I normally file individual, but for form-1s I use a Trust.

Basically fill out the order form in 5min, pay them $99 and they will create you GA trust and email you the documents in 24hrs.

Are you able to use it in conjunction with silencershop kiosks or their online system?

With a trust, does everyone on it have to send off fingerprint and the fill out a 5320.23 every time i submit a form 1? Seems like the reform requirements have made trust more of a headache

In essence, when a purchase of an NFA item is made and you complete the federal documentation, every *CURRENT* trustee's fingerprints have to be submitted so that the ATF can be scrutinized. Many trusts can be amended and have trustees added or removed at will by the settlor, and so SOME are constituted in such a way that a standard form will revoke all trustees other than the settlor.

So the idea is that before making a purchase, revoke all trusteeships other than the settlor, make the purchase and submit the Form 4 (and maintain documentation to prove that you revoked the trusteeships) and once the application is complete, restore the trusteeships (and again, maintian documentation to prove that you've done it). That way, only the settlor has a background check undertaken.

It's probable that at some point in the future, there will be a challenge to this kind of behavior, but for the moment, if your Trust is constituted in a manner that permits it, AND you maintain your documentation diligently, you have a strongly defensible position. Doubly so if you're scrupulous in ensuring that the trustees you add/re-add really are capable of passing a background check.

I agree that ATF can close this so-called loophole any time they want and perhaps even starting now without any formal rules change.

Why now? Because they could take the position that the temporary removal of cotrustees with the specific intention to add them later after the form 1 or form 4?has been processed is a type of fraud, and even if this is not a crime in and of itself (making a false representation to a government entity), it may at least be something that invalidates the transfer and gives grounds to deny it.

Think of how you are not allowed to give away your assets to a friend or relative to avoid having them seized by a tax collector or creditor with an unwritten understanding that as soon as the legal trouble is over or the statute of limitation runs out your friend will give you all your stuff back. That's a fraudulent transfer and the law considers it a nullity-- without any benefit to you.

Back
Top Bottom