• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

NFA Trust

So I'm a total noob to this aspect of the NFA game and on the website they highlight the fine print. I am unclear what they mean by printing an expiration date at the end of the year and also stating services must he used within 12mo. I've been debating on getting a "can" and possibly a gun with a fun switch (further down the road then the quiet stick), but the $200~$300 trust just to get started and then the $200 stamp has put this out of reach. If anyone can point me to some links to help me out it would be appreciated. And apparently there is a countdown timer on this $59 deal. So my big question is can I buy this now and fill out the ppwk at a later date? And after I complete the ppwk and buy a silencer will I have to fill out any more ppwk/forms in the future or are they good for as long as you own it?

"Fine Print
  • Expires 12/31/2015.
  • Limit 5 per person
  • Not valid with any offers
  • All Sales Final
  • Services must be used within twelve months of purchase
  • Gearhog.com and 199Trust are not law firms and do not provide legal advice, if you need legal assistance or are unclear of the laws in your state, you should contact a local lawyer before purchasing these documents."

So I'm a total noob to this aspect of the NFA game and on the website they highlight the fine print. I am unclear what they mean by printing an expiration date at the end of the year and also stating services must he used within 12mo. I've been debating on getting a "can" and possibly a gun with a fun switch (further down the road then the quiet stick), but the $200~$300 trust just to get started and then the $200 stamp has put this out of reach. If anyone can point me to some links to help me out it would be appreciated. And apparently there is a countdown timer on this $59 deal. So my big question is can I buy this now and fill out the ppwk at a later date? And after I complete the ppwk and buy a silencer will I have to fill out any more ppwk/forms in the future or are they good for as long as you own it?

"Fine Print
  • Expires 12/31/2015.
  • Limit 5 per person
  • Not valid with any offers
  • All Sales Final
  • Services must be used within twelve months of purchase
  • Gearhog.com and 199Trust are not law firms and do not provide legal advice, if you need legal assistance or are unclear of the laws in your state, you should contact a local lawyer before purchasing these documents."

Call @heavyd and have him do a proper trust for you. You'll pay a few dollars more than the interweb $59 special, but you'll get personal attention from a great guy and an awesome atty on the ODT.

Ok dougiemac, the Attorney part at the end your your statement is a big thing. On the 199trust.com this is their declaimer:

"Disclaimer: Communications between you and 199Trust.com are protected by our Privacy Policy but not by the attorney-client privilege or as a work product. Although we help you create a trust form that is universally meant for adherence to the National Firearms Act and its additions, We cannot provide any kind of advice, explanation, opinion, or recommendation about possible legal rights, remedies, defenses, options, selection of forms or strategies. If you need legal assistance please seek out the help of an Attorney in your area."

Now that I know it can be affordable from an attorney and ODT friend I will hold off for now just because it seems like a great deal I don't need to freak out about it.

I believe @ncochran still has his for $100. I pm'd him a few questions on a Sunday of which he answered promptly. I then filled out the online forms and had my trust in less than an hour. Give him a shot, he's well worth it.

Back
Top Bottom