• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Nice Boar...

darrenmd

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
62   0
Reaction score
I went to Washington County to hunt my friends land.... I seen 1 doe on Saturday and kicked up a few Sunday morning..... But thank goodness for Hogs.... I got to try out my FLIR Thermal Monocular....

It was about 5:30am... I walked to the edge of the woods and heard a sounder of hogs wrestling and munching down on some corn we through out Friday night..... So I turned off my light and crept across the field in the dark..... crawled up a deer stand so I would have a good position on them...... even with the white sand.... I couldn't make them out.... So I pulled out the thermal monocular and started making my pick. There was one that was just charging the littler one....it was about 90lbs.... they ranged from about 90 - 135lbs.... there was about 8. They grouped together very tight as they ate.... I didn't bring my hog light.... I didn't think I would need it.... So I continued to watch them... I would check them with my rifle scope (Nikon). Slowly over the next 45 minutes the day began to break.... finally I had a enough light to take the shot... BAM!!!! The boar kicked up and darted into the woods...... My friend texted me and couldn't believe I was shooting at anything at 6:30am.... I told him it was a hog and I was on my way to track it down.... It must of ran over 100 yards in some of the thickest brush..... but I found it and pulled it out.... 135lb Boar.... I couldn't believe he ran so far with an exit wound like that.... 30-06 BAR

NOV12_135_Boar (5).jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom