• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Night Vision on Crossbow

78Bronco

Default rank <4500 posts Lifetime Supporter
ODT Junkie!
116   0
Reaction score
Has anyone put a night vision optic on their crossbow for stalking and shooting hogs in the twilight hours? Seems like that would be really fun and I'm thinking I would like to set up my rig up like that to try it out. If you have, describe your setup and/or share some pic's.

Has anyone put a night vision optic on their crossbow for stalking and shooting hogs in the twilight hours? Seems like that would be really fun and I'm thinking I would like to set up my rig up like that to try it out. If you have, describe your setup and/or share some pic's.
funny you should ask that. i haven't....yet. i can't afford actual NVG's but last night i found some guys on you tube that are making IR scopes out of old digital cameras and cell phones. range is only about 25 yards, but it's a project i can't pass up. i'll let you know if it works.

funny you should ask that. i haven't....yet. i can't afford actual NVG's but last night i found some guys on you tube that are making IR scopes out of old digital cameras and cell phones. range is only about 25 yards, but it's a project i can't pass up. i'll let you know if it works.

That sounds cool!! Let me know how that goes & I may follow in your footsteps.

Had a chance to get the IR deal yet?

yea....so the arts and crafts project didn't go so well. i got it working (somewhat) and i could see in total darkness for a few yards, but i couldn't get the auto focus to work right. there were an awful lot of wires, clamps and cable ties involved and it got complicated quick. not something i'm willing to trust or walk into the woods with. i'm going to try an ATN scope on my crossbow later this week.

Back
Top Bottom