• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Nikon D3200 Reviews and Info

Lazarus

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
39   0
Reaction score
Does anyone have any personal experiences with the Nikon? I found one for $530 with 18-55mm and 50-200mm lens. This would be my first DSLR and from what I understand its not as good as the D3300 but it is a better buy for the money.

What are you wanting to do with the camera? The lower end DX cameras MUST use AF-S lenses in order to auto focus, which is important to most people. What that means is, older, non AF-S lenses will not autofocus. Quality is also so-so, from a professional standpoint. Again, it really depends on what you want to do with the camera.

What are you wanting to do with the camera? The lower end DX cameras MUST use AF-S lenses in order to auto focus, which is important to most people. What that means is, older, non AF-S lenses will not autofocus. Quality is also so-so, from a professional standpoint. Again, it really depends on what you want to do with the camera.

Just to take some pics at Disney and the beach for the most part but after vacation it'll be for taking pictures of objects.

That camera with those lenses is more than enough for outdoor photos at Disney. If you want to take decent photos indoors also budget for a flash like the SB-700 or faster glass like the 35mm AF-S DX.

Just to take some pics at Disney and the beach for the most part but after vacation it'll be for taking pictures of objects.

Do you know if that camera has a built in flash?

If you're just wanting family photos, it's fine. But those lenses are MEH at best. That doesn't mean they won't work, but they aren't tack sharp. And yeah, these cameras have a built in flash but try not to use it if you can. For indoor shots, you can get away with two clamp style lights with tracing paper clipped over the front to act as a diffuser.

If you decide to start trying that type of stuff, let me know and I'll help in any way I can.

If you're just wanting family photos, it's fine. But those lenses are MEH at best. That doesn't mean they won't work, but they aren't tack sharp. And yeah, these cameras have a built in flash but try not to use it if you can. For indoor shots, you can get away with two clamp style lights with tracing paper clipped over the front to act as a diffuser.

If you decide to start trying that type of stuff, let me know and I'll help in any way I can.

Not that I'd probably be able to tell the difference in the lenses but what are better lenses I can get for the camera?

Using the pop up flash on an SLR would make your photos look the same as a $150 point & shoot camera. Using a hot shoe flash gives you a lot of options. You can open Pandora's box when it comes to equipment, but a hot shoe mountable flash with a head that can spin in either direction will let you bounce light off the ceiling for a much better quality light than a pop up flash will provide. The quality of you photo will improve 10 fold.

Back
Top Bottom