• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

No Idling sing, failure to obey

Buck119

Default rank <4500 posts
Beretta Aficionado
220   0
Reaction score
Clean_Air_Schools_Sign.JPG

Does anybody know if this sign, inside a parking lot of a public school, used for carpool as well, has force of law?
If positive, does anybody know the fees/penalties associated with not respecting this sign?
I tried on the web with not results.

Note: this is not related to the fact that 'no idling' in front of a school is a good thing or not.

lol wow.....I put as much force of law in that sign as I do the expecting mothers one at wal mart. none.

just sit in front of the school and rev the hell outta your engine. hopefully you got a v8 and some flowmasters.

I can't imagine how.
Me too. But you never know. I was also thinking about trespassing. What if somebody from the school, the principal for example, tells you to turn the engine off or to leave the parking lot. Would they have the authority to do so, and if you don't follow the instructions, would that be trespassing? Again this would be public school, not private)

I'm guessing it's akin to no spitting gum on the sidewalk, please pick up your dog****, and other forms of decency that people need to be reminded of.

Me too. But you never know. I was also thinking about trespassing. What if somebody from the school, the principal for example, tells you to turn the engine off or to leave the parking lot. Would they have the authority to do so, and if you don't follow the instructions, would that be trespassing? Again this would be public school, not private)

What does it matter? If a principal asked me not to idle, I would respectfully comply. Are you considering not complying if they ask you to move your car? It's for the kids.

I'm guessing it's akin to no spitting gum on the sidewalk, please pick up your dog****, and other forms of decency that people need to be reminded of.

I will agree with you on this.

I suspect they can ask you to leave but I'm not sure how you keep people from running their air conditioners in August sitting in a parking lot in Georgia. But since it's for the children......
Can't leave a dog in a hot car but a parent waiting to pick their child up from the government indoctrination institute that we are forced to pay for... sure.

I suspect they can ask you to leave but I'm not sure how you keep people from running their air conditioners in August sitting in a parking lot in Georgia. But since it's for the children......
Can't leave a dog in a hot car but a parent waiting to pick their child up from the government indoctrination institute that we are forced to pay for... sure.

And lets not forget the 49 school bus's that are idling in the parking lot, with 7 students riding in each bus... Maybe if the damn parents didn't pick up there kids everyday, and let them use the School bus it wouldn't be a problem.

Back
Top Bottom