• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Norinco 1911 Valuation

No way would I think a Norinco 1911 is of equal value to a Springfield, such as a NM fitted barrel Range Officer ($750 used). You can't buy a Norinco beavertail grip-safety, one must be hand fitted by GunSmith or machinist. They are not superbly accurate, and a couple years ago they were commonly found for $350 at gunshows. Also, how would you know whether it was a "factory" plating rather than a hobbyist job? I'm not beating up Norinco 1911's, I've owned one for 18 years.

Not to be an ass but most all 1911 including Springfield require fitting of a beavertail. Dont belive me try to install one. I had a norinco 1911 and it was every bit as accurate as my kimber or Springfield. These are very desired if it is a Chinese norinco. These are one of the few production pistols that wilson combat or any other major pistol smiths will even touch. Almost all 1911s are hand fitted or they simply would not run. If ****s to slopy they have issues. if its to tight again they have issues. The steel used in the norinco is some of the hardest steel you will ever find in a 1911.
Try and get wilson combat to work on your Springfield its not going to happen. This should be enough to tell one the norinco is of higher quality steel.

Lemme get this straight.. you're claiming that all 99.999% of all 1911's are equally accurate? That the barrel itself, the tightness of the slide to the barrel, strength of the spring and head-spacing, none of this matters... that it's the sights ONLY (except in .0001% of the time)?

Lmao head spacing is for extraction not accuracy. Not to mention most 1911s are 100% more accurate than the shooter. My pt1911 out shoots my kimber and its no where near as tight. The few things in a 1911 that affect accuracy are the barrel lock up and the bushings fitment to the barrel. Springs have 0 to do with accuracy and more to do with reliability. 99% of 1911s are accurate enough to kill at 25 yards only 50% of the people that shoot them are accurate enough to hit at 25 yards.

Lemme get this straight.. you're claiming that all 99.999% of all 1911's are equally accurate? That the barrel itself, the tightness of the slide to the barrel, strength of the spring and head-spacing, none of this matters... that it's the sights ONLY (except in .0001% of the time)?

I think he meant that most inaccuracy claims of guns made in the last 60 years are more than likely due to user error and not to the rifling being wonky or a poor design.
Of course a Baer will be far more accurate than a SA RO, but neither won't hit the target if you do your part.

I might have misunderstood as well...

Not trying to be rude but to help you understand.

These are pictures of different rounds and different types of head spacing. As you can see the head spacing has 0 to do with accuracy and everything to do with safety. Where the actual projectile makes contact is where accuracy comes into play. If the projectile sits to far back from the lands and groves it will affect accuracy and barrel life. The same can be said if the projectile sits to far into the lands and groves. Most of this can be corrected by hand loads to adjust the overall length of the loaded round. Adjusting in or out to achieve better accuracy most of which you won't even notice in a pistol.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1361751705290.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1361751705290.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 47
  • uploadfromtaptalk1361751712617.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1361751712617.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 47
  • uploadfromtaptalk1361751719177.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1361751719177.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 46
  • uploadfromtaptalk1361751726816.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1361751726816.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:
In the development of any non blowback--not a fixed barrel-- it is the lock up that is one of the major factors in accuracy. Close tolerances help too, but consistant, repeatable, lockup is a big factor. If the pistol does not "close" the same on the locking mechanism the same every time, it will shot different everytime. There is a lot more to consider: a good barrel for instance. The barrel can be test fired in a fixed jig for accuracy and be excellent, but when installed in a semiautomatic pistol the accuracy could go to crap.

Back
Top Bottom