• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Norinco 1911 Valuation

Butshot

Default rank <1250 posts
ODT Junkie!
31   0
Reaction score
Has anyone seen or own a Norinco 1911 in a factory nickel plate finish? I have one, had it for at least 10 years and have never shot it. Bought it on Gunbroker from a guy in California. Never seen another and wonder if anyone else has one and what the value might be.

i46.tinypic.com_mqxyx.jpg

Maybe I'm just a dumba$$, but I don't get how a pistol can "not be accurate." If the sights are good, the pistol is accurate. 99.999% of the time, accuracy is the fault of the person squeezing, or over-squeezing the trigger. My accuracy varies with different handguns, but it's because they all have different triggers, grips, etc.

If I'm wrong, someone please edjumacate me.

sorry to hijack the thread.

Carry on.

No way would I think a Norinco 1911 is of equal value to a Springfield, such as a NM fitted barrel Range Officer ($750 used). You can't buy a Norinco beavertail grip-safety, one must be hand fitted by GunSmith or machinist. They are not superbly accurate, and a couple years ago they were commonly found for $350 at gunshows. Also, how would you know whether it was a "factory" plating rather than a hobbyist job? I'm not beating up Norinco 1911's, I've owned one for 18 years.
I know it's not a "hobbyist job" because it's in a factory box that has three squares to check. one says Blued, one says Parkerized, and one says Nickel Plated, Guess which one is checked. Right underneath that it says "made in China by Norinco." Also I've two other blued Norinco 1911s and I found the accuracy to be on par with my Colts and Springfield. If you can find a blue one for $350 you should jump all over it because I haven't seen one for less than $475 for quite a while.

Maybe I'm just a dumba$$, but I don't get how a pistol can "not be accurate." If the sights are good, the pistol is accurate. 99.999% of the time, accuracy is the fault of the person squeezing, or over-squeezing the trigger. My accuracy varies with different handguns, but it's because they all have different triggers, grips, etc.

If I'm wrong, someone please edjumacate me.

sorry to hijack the thread.

Carry on.
Hey I appreciate your post Lebowski.

Back
Top Bottom