Norinco 1911's are they any good?

cimino289

Default rank <2000 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
53   0
Reaction score
I came across one a few weeks back at a gun show and it seemed pretty nice, but I decided not to pick it up. Anyone have one? How do they shoot? I expected it to be ok knowing Norinco, but Ive been surprised before.

Tool steel, good solid pistols. Were used for a while for custom builds in the 90's. Howards Pawn has a hard chromed NIB Norinco listed now for $750 BIN on gunjoker. Last one I had shot much tighter groups than the Wilson Combat Custom I eventually sold.

I have one, it's a factory hard chrome got it for a steal several years ago from a guy in California on Gunbroker,
Been a great pistol, nof tf o rf to eject, been offered 900 for it but it's not going any where! Still have factory plastic box and factory cardboard sleeve, and factory cleaning rod and factory safety instrucion manual

Great clones of the original. Like palmettomoon palmettomoon said, forged slide/frame, tool steel small parts, chromed lined hammer forged barrel that is plenty accurate. Great shooters, but due to the import ban in the US they sell here for more money than they are worth in my opinion.

I snagged one here a few years ago for $400, a pretty good deal. $900, not worth that in my opinion. You can grab a Colt for that kind of money if you are patient enough, money better spent I think.

Got to agree with CQB27, great base, or a little better than base, pistols. Not worth what some are asking for them right now, but good shooters.

Back
Top Bottom