• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Nose jammer...

Sports Stores advertise that you have to spend hundreds of dollars to go into the woods.... false

I've taken a bunch of deer without a stand, not sprayed down, walking, and in my work clothes....

The hard part is to scout and locate where the food/beds are before open season and get in there before another person finds the area!

I guess not being a hunter this is what came to mind
heavy-nose-picking-21646655.jpg

Sports Stores advertise that you have to spend hundreds of dollars to go into the woods.... false

I've taken a bunch of deer without a stand, not sprayed down, walking, and in my work clothes....

The hard part is to scout and locate where the food/beds are before open season and get in there before another person finds the area!
Yeah we’ve been all over that but the property isn’t big at all so there’s not much chance that they’ll walk through our little piece that often. Just trying to find something to increase my luck.

Yeah we’ve been all over that but the property isn’t big at all so there’s not much chance that they’ll walk through our little piece that often. Just trying to find something to increase my luck.

Tink's #69 Doe-In-Rut on a 1-3 tampons hanging from low branches a few yards from your stand....

you do know i can get more deer on the way home. i can do it smelling like a motorcycle shop,flashing my lights,and honking my horn..
all the sprays,scents,and deodorants are a rip off.
now that you can hunt over bait,just dump a big bottle of apple juice out when you get in your stand..

That's a load of crap. The idea is that you smell so strongly of other scents that they can't smell human scent. The problem is that it might work on some young stupid deer for a while, but the older mature deer want nothing to do with a strange scent in the woods. In addition to that, the deer will learn to associate it with humans in short order anyway.

If you use a cover scent, do your best to match it to scents that are already in the woods. The best thing to do is eliminate scent as completely as possible to start with.

Back
Top Bottom