• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Not needed

Out of curiosity, what do you plan to use an 8 Guage for or is it just something you want? Honest question not a dig. I was just wracking my brain for a use for it and could only come up with "it would be kinda cool in the gun safe and to show to my friends" excuse for buying one. If that's the case more power to you as I have a couple things like that. Just wondering.

Not much help here on finding a gun. I can give you some information on ammo. An old friends dad had a double barrel LC Smith. Someone gave him a big bag of plastic industrial shells (empty). These shells are still available but they have the secondary brass ring on the base of the shell. They won't chamber with this ring. To solve this problem he had a machine shop make two resizing dies. The first die would reduce the secondary brass ring and the second die would resize the whole shell.
Keep safety in mind if you do find an old 8 gauge and decide to reload. They were originally designed for black powder low pressure loads.

Back
Top Bottom