Not that anyone cares but I'm ticked off. ( MSN Boy Scouts ? Goblin Valley Park )

So you are all fired up about a comment from an anonymous poster on a website...a comment that happens to offend you?

I'm just amazed how easily people throw around "derogatory" terms or use terms that try to divide and anger people. My parents taught me WAY better than that. I actually leaves me disappointed in what kind of world my 7 year old is going to have to grow up in. I had hoped to leave him a better life/world than I had but I have doubts now.

--- edit ---

The BSA has gotten some pretty bad publicity lately, they don't need any more. If they were in any way affiliated with the BSA, they should have been acting like they were representing the organization....they obviously have.

See when I do my OODA loop, I ask myself "what would my son think of me if I did this". If the answer is "proud" then I do it. If the answer is "not proud", then I don't do it. Pretty simple. I also work for a large corporation and they expect you to "always act in an appropriate manner as you represent the company", so I do. that's how I was raised.

If people don't respect me as a person or trust me, then what I am?

Last edited:
They obviously weren't in the park to appreciate the natural wonder, so sure, ban them from the parks. If you were to deface artwork in a museum I'd hope for similar punishment. If you are unable to control yourself, then you've made your bed. Now sleep in it.

I'm just amazed how easily people throw around "derogatory" terms or use terms that try to divide and anger people. My parents taught me WAY better than that. I actually leaves me disappointed in what kind of world my 7 year old is going to have to grow up in. I had hoped to leave him a better life/world than I had but I have doubts now.

Yeah I agree, that's the wrong way to argue a point, but there are plenty of idiots out there. You can't get your blood pressure up every time you encounter one.
I used to browse the Brady Campaign website just to see what those bastards were up too....I can't stomach doing it any more.

Yeah I agree, that's the wrong way to argue a point, but there are plenty of idiots out there. You can't get your blood pressure up every time you encounter one.
I used to browse the Brady Campaign website just to see what those bastards were up too....I can't stomach doing it any more.

Maybe it's "that time of the month" for me today.

Back
Top Bottom