• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Novak or Bo-Mar

Cigar Dave

Default rank <2000 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
46   0
Reaction score
Any 1911 gurus know if the rear sight on a Sig 1911-22 is a Novak or Bo-Mar cut? Mine shoots too low with the tallest front sight and too high with the second tallest so I want to put on a rear elevation adjustable sight but have been unable to detemine if I need a Novak or Bo-Mar cut. I did Google it but only really found the same question with no real answers...
Thanks for any help.

Cant verify but I found this:

"Rear Sight: Adjustable Novak
GSG uses (very close to) Novak Rear Sight cut -
Novak .495 x 65 degree dovetail cut - can get on ebay or dawson precision - I installed an adjustable had to do a little filing to slide and sight but nothing severe fits great -- Will also take any Novak cut fixed - same thing just file to fit.

Front Sight: Fiber Optic
Uses Standard .330 x 65 X.075 dovetail base all over ebay or same dawson precision just a little filing and fits perfect. As for height
the GSG has three factory sights most use the 2 dot or 3 dot that comes with gun. if you gun uses the 2 dot .180 to .200 seems to work good - if you use the three dot .240 high works (dawson precision has them)

To Install front I didn't touch slide just filed sight and fit -- To install rear had to file both but file mostly on sight and a small amount on slide - Don't worry about filing aluminum slide for rear most of blueing will come off BUT Birchwood Aluminum Black work incredibably also great for touching up anthing on slide or steel sights -- "

Google is too liberal minded with a desire to nanny the peasants and I don't use them.
http://www.dogpile.com/

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom