• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Noveske familiar members

ZedsDead

Default rank <4000 posts
ODT Junkie!
187   7
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me if this is a Noveske upper receiver? I know the newer ones have flat cuts on them. Didn’t know if the older ones looked like this or they all have those cuts. Any info would help. Can’t find much online. It’s not marked either. It’s on a N4.

Attachments

• IMG_5599.png
    IMG_5599.png
    943.1 KB · Views: 51
Are you really interested if it is a factory built rifle? If that is the case you will probably need to contact Noveske and see if they will look up the serial number and report if it left the factory as a rifle or lower assembly. I have had Noveske stamped rifles but never spent the money on a factory rifle. Most were recognizable because I bought as good as or better small parts at a lower price. There was nothing special about their parts other than the Gen 2 and later receivers had a decent built in magwell and integral trigger guard. I went for one of the Noveske barrels when it was on a deep discount sale. I do not notice a big difference between Noveske and much cheaper premium barrels.

After writing the long reply I remembered one attribute that may identify a Noveske upper. I think only the Noveske uppers had a hole drilled in the front face of the pic rail of the upper. It matches a pin hole in the NSR rail.

It could be a Gen 1 upper.
Gen 1 uppers are identifiable by the Noveske cross on top of the receiver above the charging handle, a small Noveske cross spanning the upper and lower, or a small Noveske cross on the side of the receiver next to the charging handle.

If it doesn’t have any of those, it’s not verifiable and should be considered to be a non noveske upper.

Are you really interested if it is a factory built rifle? If that is the case you will probably need to contact Noveske and see if they will look up the serial number and report if it left the factory as a rifle or lower assembly. I have had Noveske stamped rifles but never spent the money on a factory rifle. Most were recognizable because I bought as good as or better small parts at a lower price. There was nothing special about their parts other than the Gen 2 and later receivers had a decent built in magwell and integral trigger guard. I went for one of the Noveske barrels when it was on a deep discount sale. I do not notice a big difference between Noveske and much cheaper premium barrels.
It’s a gun I want to buy. The Noveske upper I had years ago have the flat cuts. Never seen a Noveske it milspec round receiver like this. Just didn’t wanna buy a build. It does have Noveske barrel.

If it is priced like a parts gun, I would assume it is a parts gun. If it is priced like a factory gun, I would get confirmation from Noveske that the serial number was shipped as a complete gun.

Back
Top Bottom