• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

NRA Wayne, his Raise, Clothing and other perks around 2 mill in 2019

i sent them this in June 2019

IMG_1409.jpg

im a life member because our gun club makes it mandatory. wish i could return it. maybe time to look a other clubs.
A group of allegedly free-will gun owners requires membership in another organization in order to shoot at a few steel targets? Pass.

The NRA still does a lot of good at the lower levels, and at the national level it's still the only group that gets the ear of Congress. GOA can say anything they want, but from what I see all they do is create press releases that would make a fisherman blush and beg people for money.

I love people like the YouTuber above who complain that the NRA didn't get every good gun law passed, or stop every bad one. Why would anyone even think that was possible, or even something you would want. If we could pass any law we wanted, so could the much better funded and organized gun control groups.

Like it or not, the NRA is still the only effective lobbying organization out there. Period.

That being said, LaPierre and his cronies need to go. They are taking an organization with a ton of challenges already and making things 1000 times more difficult with their greed and nepotism.

I'm not about to cancel my membership, because membership voting still has some power in the NRA, but they haven't gotten a dime from me in a while now. They also seem to have stopped sending me mailers since they were all getting sent back with "not one more cent until Wayne is gone' written on them.

Any money I would have donated to them has been going to the Second Amendment Foundation. Heck, they need the money more than the NRA ever did anyways, and they really do God's Work when it comes to court cases around gun rights.

The NRA still does a lot of good at the lower levels, and at the national level it's still the only group that gets the ear of Congress. GOA can say anything they want, but from what I see all they do is create press releases that would make a fisherman blush and beg people for money.

I love people like the YouTuber above who complain that the NRA didn't get every good gun law passed, or stop every bad one. Why would anyone even think that was possible, or even something you would want. If we could pass any law we wanted, so could the much better funded and organized gun control groups.

Like it or not, the NRA is still the only effective lobbying organization out there. Period.

That being said, LaPierre and his cronies need to go. They are taking an organization with a ton of challenges already and making things 1000 times more difficult with their greed and nepotism.

I'm not about to cancel my membership, because membership voting still has some power in the NRA, but they haven't gotten a dime from me in a while now. They also seem to have stopped sending me mailers since they were all getting sent back with "not one more cent until Wayne is gone' written on them.

Any money I would have donated to them has been going to the Second Amendment Foundation. Heck, they need the money more than the NRA ever did anyways, and they really do God Works when it comes to court cases around gun rights.
The only reason the NRA has any money is because people just keep giving it to them. If we stop giving them the money and start giving it to GOA, then they will have the power. I like GOA's platform a lot more than the NRA's. If they go broke, then they might start listening to their membership base.

GOA is useless. Yes, they have a good platform and they talk about it in every fundraising letter, but they have no traction in Congress or the courts.

The only thing they have ever actually done is file an 'amicus' brief adding their position to the bump stock lawsuit (which added nothing to the case), or hold the occasional 'town hall' where all they get is people who are already members.

In my mind the GOA is actually worse than the NRA, since all they do is fundraise, and they never seem to spend that on any kind of lobbying which is what they need to do if they want to replace the NRA.

The NRA has proven they are lousy custodians of our money, and they don't always get the results we think they should, or they take positions we don't agree with. But they are still the ONLY group out there with ANY kind of traction with Congress.

If you want to support a group that does useful thing with your money, give it to the SAF or here in GA, GA Carry. They work hard on our behalf, don't overspend, and actually get things done. GOA is simply a waste of money from everything I can see.

I quit giving to The NRA MANY years ago. It pissed me off that every time I sent them money, they would ask for more. I think the guy in the video it spot on. They will never see another penny from me.

The NRA "can kiss my grits".

I got a call from NRA fundraiser in Akron Ohio yesterday wanting $150 from me. I said not until Wayne is in the past. She stammered, but said she understood. I wonder how many responses like that they are getting these days?

Back
Top Bottom