NRL22

There’s a club near you that offers NRL22 matches :
https://www.facebook.com/pages/cate...h-Series-at-17-South-Rod-Gun-104681765549740/
https://practiscore.com/clubs/nrl22_rimfire_at_17_south_rod_and_gun_club

Grab a 22lr rifle most use bolt guns but there are semi autos at some matches too. A scope you can dial MIL is most used and easy to compare holds with shooters but some still use MOA. A bipod you can remove easily when not needed. Get some data on the ammo you shoot so you’ll know what it does at distance and zero your gun at 50yd is most common. There will be more questions when you get there and are easy to answer at a match. Most shooters share info and gear till you find a support bag you like before you just buy something.

There’s a club near you that offers NRL22 matches :
https://www.facebook.com/pages/cate...h-Series-at-17-South-Rod-Gun-104681765549740/
https://practiscore.com/clubs/nrl22_rimfire_at_17_south_rod_and_gun_club

Grab a 22lr rifle most use bolt guns but there are semi autos at some matches too. A scope you can dial MIL is most used and easy to compare holds with shooters but some still use MOA. A bipod you can remove easily when not needed. Get some data on the ammo you shoot so you’ll know what it does at distance and zero your gun at 50yd is most common. There will be more questions when you get there and are easy to answer at a match. Most shooters share info and gear till you find a support bag you like before you just buy something.
thanx for the info I'm a member at 17s seen the flyers around. looks like a trip to the store this weekend

thanx for the info I'm a member at 17s seen the flyers around. looks like a trip to the store this weekend
No problem at all. Glad to see another interested in shooting NRL22 it’s a good time with like minded shooters. Some great people I’ve met at these matches. Good luck and if there’s questions reach out here or at the club for help.

Also a ballistic app is good to have on the phone to help with dope at varying distances. Once you fine tune with your data it can make math fun at the range / match.

Best thing to do is just show up to a match. If you have a rifle and ammo, bring it and people will be more than willing to share the rest of the gear.

If you have nothing, show up and watch and talk to shooters. Most are more than happy to let you fondle their setups.

I would say that you will need a rifle for each of you. Getting one and sharing won't work as I assume that you and your son are different sized. Length of pull and comb height being the two main factors.

As far as rifles, I'd go with a Tikka T1x on the low end. How much money you have to throw at this will dictate what you can get. If you have a budget in mind, can certainly help with more suggestions and to narrow things down.

There is a lot information than we can dump on you. Best to go see what others are running. Touch and fondle their stuff to figure out what you like the feel of and what fits. From there, can dump info on you such as kestrel, and ammo selection and testing, bipod, bags, slings, optics, weight, balance, etc.

Best thing to do is just show up to a match. If you have a rifle and ammo, bring it and people will be more than willing to share the rest of the gear.

If you have nothing, show up and watch and talk to shooters. Most are more than happy to let you fondle their setups.

I would say that you will need a rifle for each of you. Getting one and sharing won't work as I assume that you and your son are different sized. Length of pull and comb height being the two main factors.

As far as rifles, I'd go with a Tikka T1x on the low end. How much money you have to throw at this will dictate what you can get. If you have a budget in mind, can certainly help with more suggestions and to narrow things down.

There is a lot information than we can dump on you. Best to go see what others are running. Touch and fondle their stuff to figure out what you like the feel of and what fits. From there, can dump info on you such as kestrel, and ammo selection and testing, bipod, bags, slings, optics, weight, balance, etc.
Looking at getting us both guns. Went to day and shot a few different with some buddies. He likes the RPR.

Back
Top Bottom