ODT Buying/Selling: A Perspective from both sides

JWC

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
154   0
Reaction score
Sellers:

I want to be able to list my item and sell it quickly.

I have bills to pay, truck broke down, AC quit working, cleaning out the safe, testing the waters, just want it gone (but at my price), found something else, wife wants it gone, over spent my gun allowance, something has to go, don’t want to sell, will be picky, any trades will have to be in my favor, only want a certain trade, buy it before it is banned, and any other reason.

My item is fairly priced…..Any offer lower than what I expect to sell, will be considered a low ball, even though I took the time to type the ad, I will not type “NO THANKS” to anyone in a PM that does not meet my standards, and you don’t know my standards, and I am a rude POS, since I don’t really want to sell the item, I expect to get more than it is worth, I have to recover what my dumbass put in it, I bought it from an old woman and I am flipping it for 3 times what I paid for it, I earned the right to charge what I want to charge for the item, because I stood in line at Wal-Mart until the store opened and was able to buy 3 boxes of ammo, I do this everyday, my price is firm, at least until it has been on sale for 3 months, then I might lower the price $10, or relist the item at $50 more than the previous list, anyway I am so stubborn I will leave it up for sale until ODT shuts down. It is a rare piece, seldom seen, LNIB, with box, without box, only 50 rounds shot by me, I am the second or third or fourth owner and it looks like they did not shoot it, no pictures, you know what my item looks like, Google it, I will throw in some cheap ass holster, some reloads, and a crappy sling, a POS optic, it has been upgraded, the upgrades are listed, and the retail prices shown, it has been customized, paint is expensive, it is listed higher because well “panic”, I don’t care if it is used, it is still new to me. If the item sells, I will not remove the ad, I will not mark it as sold, because I am too lazy to remove the ad and I like being sent PMs asking if it is sold, or still available. As the seller, I reserve the right to complain, moan, and well just be a pain in the ass because I did not get my price, buyers did not offer me the correct amount, and I will start many threads just to illustrate how I have been offended. You cannot stop me, I am the seller.

Buyer

I want to be able to browse the classifieds, and fine an item that is fairly priced and buy it quickly.

Fairly priced means way below retail because I want to buy it keep it for a month and then re-sell it for at least $50 more than I paid for it, I will offer ridiculously low amounts for the item, because I don’t really want it unless I can make a profit off it, I may agree to buy it, but then will run and hide from PMs, if cornered I will give lame excuses as to why I will not buy it now, such as, had an accident, fridge broke, washer/dryer broke, unexpected bill, wife just became pregnant, safe is locked, wife will not let me, and really any other BS reason to get out of giving my word to buy it. If you as the seller think that my word is my bond, you are wrong, I am in this for me, not you, get over it. I reserve the right to start many threads on how overpriced you item is, how you are a flipper, and how I am offended by your ad, even though I don’t like you item and never intended to buy it. I will not simply pass on your ad without comment. I am too smart for that. I will still complain and be offended by your ad. If you think that just because I don’t want the item, means I cannot complain about the price of the item, you are wrong. I am protecting the rest of the membership who are too stupid to make their decisions. They are sheeple, and you will take advantage of them. I am all knowing on prices, and will let you know my opinion of your price quickly and most often stupidly in a thread based on High Prices. All sellers are out to make a profit and I resent that they bought something I may want but they have priced it so I cannot have it. I want to pay what I can pay for the item, and any amount over that price is gouging, priced to high, and you are a flipper. If you the seller think you can put one over on me, you are wrong. I will type GLWS, even though I don’t mean it. Why, because in my juvenile mind, typing GLWS mean I am laughing at your price and getting over on “The MODS” because they will not allow my dumb opinion of what I feel the price of your item should be in your ad. I don’t care if it is your item, and your price, because as I said, I want to protect other members who are too stupid to look up what the price should be. I am all knowing, I am the buyer. I am not a troll, even though my comments make me appear to be one. Without me you don’t exist.

Did I miss anything? lol Happy Father’s Day and this is in the Stupid Stuff because it is…..or is it? lol

Oh, and by the way......cheating an old widow woman out of her inheritance so can you resell an item for three times what you paid? That's amateur hour my friend. Any neckbeard worth his salt can flip an uninformed widow's property for at least 5 times the value paid.

Back
Top Bottom