• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

*** ODT CMP range invasion version 2.0 *** October 1st.

.50 BMG are not allowed on their electronic targets. They have paper targets on the 100yrd but I know it's not the same as shooting 600! But still if some one has one I'll buy the rounds just to pull the trigger a couple times!

I will be there again. I don't plan on bringing the big arsenal I brought last time as I plan to work on some loads for the big Riverbend high power match the following weekend. Mainly plan to focus on fine tuning my 2 "Midrange Tactical AR" match rifles.
I do plan on bringing my Savage 338 lapua and plenty of ammo, anyone is welcome to have a crack or 2 at it to see if it can hang with Bear's Remmy! If I have enough time to finish them I will bring 2 of my new Form 1 suppressors... My 30cal Specwar copy "Specwhore" (complete except ceracote) and a Titanium .223 direct thread / QD convertable (work in process). We can shoot my real Specwar and the Specwhore copy back to back and see if anyone can tell them apart!
We should set up next to each other and Fire-For-Effect. LOL.

Well, I may have added another one for the trip. I picked up a Remington 742 in 30-06 in a trade today and I'm going to do a bit of work to it and see what it will do.

I know, I know, the old jam-o-matic, but we'll see. If it runs and has fair accuracy, it's a poor man's M1a with the high cap mags. Would make a hell of a truck gun.

That is some lucky shooting Hayata.

I would agree.

They have paper targets on the 100yrd but I know it's not the same as shooting 600!

Which range uses paper targets at 100 yards?

The 100 yard range (Range 2) also uses the electronic scoring.

I think you can post paper targets on some of the pistol ranges but I still haven't shot at them yet.

Well, I may have added another one for the trip. I picked up a Remington 742 in 30-06 in a trade today and I'm going to do a bit of work to it and see what it will do.

I know, I know, the old jam-o-matic, but we'll see. If it runs and has fair accuracy, it's a poor man's M1a with the high cap mags. Would make a hell of a truck gun.
People say that but my first deer rifle was a 742 in .243. Never had a single issue with it. I have my dad's old one in .308 that apparently has a firing pin problem (soft strikes) but again, never jammed.
I absolutely wouldn't hesitate buying and enjoying one.

Hayata Hayata did you take the Garand out to 600? how did she do?

I took it to the 100 yard range and ran five clips through her. Flyer here, flyer there, everywhere a flyer...too embarrassed to post pics.

Before I take it to the 600 yard range I need to zero my elevation knob. And get more consistent in my groupings!

Back
Top Bottom