• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

ODT sucks

To follow up on my questions about why people really think they can sell a used as much for a new:
It blows my mind that they can constantly relist for the same price and stay firm on it. I've messaged a few that have 10+ relistings of the same gun with an offer (that isnt low ball) and they say "You know what this thing is worth right? This is a super sought after gun"
Like... no obviously not lmao. Otherwise you wouldnt have it listed on here for 4 months straight

To follow up on my questions about why people really think they can sell a used as much for a new:
It blows my mind that they can constantly relist for the same price and stay firm on it. I've messaged a few that have 10+ relistings of the same gun with an offer (that isnt low ball) and they say "You know what this thing is worth right? This is a super sought after gun"
Like... no obviously not lmao. Otherwise you wouldnt have it listed on here for 4 months straight
They are testing the waters...you new that, right?

Maybe it's time to roll in an AI Assistant for when you write your ad:

"Hello. I am the ODT AI Assistant. Please enter..."
After entering your info, the AI Assistant will check it over and come back with suggestions/corrections:

"Your location appears to be incorrect. Would you like me to fix it for you?"

"Hello. I see your listed your <item> for a price of $<asking price>"

"That is 23% above the average internet asking price and you are required to lower it to maintain site integrity."
"Would you like me to adjust it for you?"

"After examining your images, I have determined that 'like new' is not correct for your item(s)."
"Would you like me to adjust it for you?"

"I noticed your trade value items are averaging 38% in value above your item's value. Would you like me to find and substitute some more DEI items?"

After the seller goes back and forth for a while, they decide to give up the quest.

"In that case, I understand your logic. Please feel free to come back, after listing at <other sites> and let me know how you did."

"Is there anything else I may assist you with, today?"

1704727670666.png

Wait a minute- I like olights for the cheap crap they are, BUT, I do NOT like Crossfit!
Same
It's a website. Take a break from the internet
You say that like it’s easy. I quit smoking in 2009 and it was hard. For me ODT is the same thing. If I only came here when looking for something it would be one thing. I find myself digging my phone from my pocket and scrolling just like reaching for a cigarette. I don’t think about just happens

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 32
Back
Top Bottom