• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

ODT True Stories

MaconGuns

Default rank <5000 posts
ODT Junkie!
63   0
Reaction score
So I'm usually a negative person and occasionally like stirring the ant hill but, I wanted to share something positive today.

So I see this nice pistol for a GREAT price. Almost half what they go for new. Some other guy is jacking the seller around and the deal falls though so he agrees to sell to me since I was next in line. I set up a deal with the seller and he agrees to meet me a fair drive away. We meet and start talking. He says he wish he didnt agree to sell it and also knows its appreciated in value. HOWEVER, he still sells it to me for the agreed price and only asks that if I decide to sell it to contact him first and he will more than likely buy it back.

This guy could have easily not showed up or backed out and made a lame excuse BUT, he didn't. He was a man of his word and stuck to everything that was agreed on. I see them every so often but, men of their word are becoming a rare species. It's rare for me to be impressed by someones integrity and he impressed me. TY

I met Trader Jordan one time to buy something from him. I asked him a specific question about the item and he answered yes. When we met, he told me as soon as he got out that when he loaded it up, he saw that he had answered my question incorrectly. To make it right, he gave me the item for free as well as another, nicer, item that was listed with the item that I wanted. It was not a big deal at all, and I told him so and tried to pay him. He wouldn't hear of it and again apologized.

I was very impressed.

I've met 76 men of their word on here, never had an issue, lucky I guess or this place just tends to weed out the duds naturally.

All the ones I've met are men of their word. They showed up right. . Its the ones that dont show or try to alter the deal before you meet.

I wanted two sets of handgrips that a member had listed in an old ad that hadn't been closed, but it hadn't been renewed in several months.
The seller said he still had them and would sell them, and ship them to me for 25.00.
I had already put him a check in the mail, when he contacted me.
He could only find one set of grips, apologizing the whole time, and was going to just give them to em and I could cancel my check.

I told him to just tear up the check, I trusted him.

I love the grips that I got, and told him if he finds the other set, I would give him 25.00 for them.
I sent him a little token of my appreciation.

I've done about half of my deals through the mail, without a hiccup. I sure wish he could find those other grips. lol

All the ones I've met are men of their word. They showed up right. . Its the ones that dont show or try to alter the deal before you meet.

I had a tiller for sale a couple of months ago, and a fellow from out of town gave me a call. I wasn't at home at the time.
I told him to crank it up and check it out. He agreed to the asking price, but didn't have that much cash on him.
He said he wanted to leave a deposit, if I would hold it till Thursday, it was Tuesday.
I told him that there was no need in a deposit, and I probably wouldn't be at the house on Thursday, but I'd leave him a piece of plywood to assist in his loading, and he could just leave the money in the box on the back steps. He seemed a little bewildered. I told him that I still had faith in my fellow man.
I really don't think a lazy man would steal a tiller noways.
When I got home Thursday PM, the tiller was gone, and I had $325.00 in the box.

Karma?

Back
Top Bottom