• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

[Official] How has CoronaVirus affected your job?

How has COVID19 affected you or your spouse?

• I lost my job/contract

Votes: 6 3.5%
  • My spouse/partner lost their job

Votes: 5 2.9%
  • I have been furloughed

Votes: 9 5.3%
  • I have received a salary/pay cut

Votes: 14 8.2%
  • Not much changed for me

Votes: 84 49.4%
  • I am actually doing better now

Votes: 20 11.8%
  • I am working from home for now..

Votes: 32 18.8%

• Total voters
I'm an IT guy for a telecom company. My "territory" is all over the South. It's been declared an Essential Business by DHS. I got my Travel Docs last week.
Travel has been cancelled. I was supposed to be in Columbia, SC. this week.

I also support everyone in the company all around the country. I have a few coworkers who are involved with this too.
Everyone who can is working from home. I've got a second desk setup in my home office for this.
But, there are things I can't do from home and for those things I have to go into the office.
The location I work from not close and has a full set of employees.
Fortunately I have an office in the back of the building and being the IT Guy nobody actually wants to socialize with me if they don't need anything.
Before the Plague began, I was working in that office from 8:30 to 7:30 every day.
Working from home, I commute from the kitchen to the desk and I'm usually online by 0630 and I force myself to stop working around 1830. I've put in some 16 hr days and I'm working every weekend.
The downside to this is that I'm salaried so there's no overtime.
The very good news is that new hires have not slowed down. (Hence my lack of free time). There have been a lot of terminated employees but I don't know if that's normal, if someone is closing an office or what. The majority have been in Texas.
It's a cluster **** but I'm employed and my boss is the best boss we could have in that position right now.

Laid off Friday @ 4:30pm, 6 to 8 weeks. Company gave me 2k and I'll go on unemployment until things cool off I guess. Plan on learning to Fish in Georgia and drink a lil beer.

I'm essential and my employer is open. My pay is 100% commission based and with out cars to repair there is no pay and with out being laid off there is no unemployment check. I can survive but many of my coworkers can not. Judging by the number of people that I see carrying on like it's a giant party I don't think the reality of the upcoming financial nightmare has set in.

I work for an agency that controls the flow of aircraft in the United States. We have gone to single shift coverage, with the option to work at home, which is almost impossible as many of the systems we use are very secure and can not be accessed from home. We have to maintain at least 6 feet of separation while at work. When we are forced to work at home, it is mainly performing required training or updating databases.

I work for an agency that controls the flow of aircraft in the United States. We have gone to single shift coverage, with the option to work at home, which is almost impossible as many of the systems we use are very secure and can not be accessed from home. We have to maintain at least 6 feet of separation while at work. When we are forced to work at home, it is mainly performing required training or updating databases.

...but other than that, how's things at the "Ol' Mushroom Factory"? :)

I’m working from home. As long as the boss keeps paying me, I’ll guess I’ll answer emails and phone calls.

I’m blessed for sure. Praying for those affected.

Back
Top Bottom