• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Official ODT Silver Thread

Got this in recently from two different sources. 10 ounces of Engelhard Prospector coins. Three 1982 coins in original packaging, and a full set of seven coins from 1982 to 1987.
IMG_1701.jpeg
IMG_1704.jpeg

I do like Prospectors. Do you mind sharing the sources? Thanks
I don't have many, have only ever bought online from JM or Golden Eagle.
Apmex was one however I bought all they had in stock. The other is Silver Bar Stacker. He has a website and a eBay store. They are (some of the years) pretty difficult to find and carry a hefty premium. However as you may know these rounds/coins are very collectible

Apmex was one however I bought all they had in stock. The other is Silver Bar Stacker. He has a website and a eBay store. They are (some of the years) pretty difficult to find and carry a hefty premium. However as you may know these rounds/coins are very collectible
I appreciate the information.
Edit: Hefty premium indeed! I hadn't checked in a while.

Trying to raise some $$.

May list some 1/10 oz gold eagles soon, along with a couple other things, if anyone is interested.
Will ship with high enough feedback, or if I know ya, or if my spirit animal says, "Trust him."
Of course, my spirit animal rides the short bus these days, so...

For other stuff, like coin books etc., I may just turn to fleabay, idk.

Does anyone collect stamps, btw? Will prolly ask in another thread.
I have an extensive collection of German stamps dating back to the 1870's, I believe. LOTS of Third Reich stuff. Even though (yeah, I know!) stamps are soft right now, it's still a valuable collection. Est. $3k+, but ymmv. Probably some rare and $$ ones in there, I have not yet cataloged.
Anyhow, if you know someone who's into German stamps, I'd be grateful if you could send him my way.

BTW, Ja! I know the word is "philately." Just didn't want to sound like a douche! :)

Not sure if this the right thread to ask this or if I've even asked before here or somewhere else.
I bought this coin/paperweight several months back and just came across it again when
cleaning some papers out of my desk. Any info on the coin would be great.
Some things to state in order to clear any issues/questions.
1) 99.99% sure that it is FAKE.
2) 99.99% sure it is NOT magnetic (I have several magnets used in an auto salvage yard).
3) I bought it knowing about #1.
4) I paid less for it than a 6-pack of PBR.
5) I have the intentions of one day turning it into my version of a Two-Face coin from Batman.
6) Should be obvious in pic #2 as to why I think it is fake.
7) If I am wrong about #1 & it is worth more than a semi of #4, then #5 is not going to happen.

So with that said, here are the pics and thanks in advance.

Pic 1:
A.jpg

Pic 2:
B.jpg

What makes me suspicious is the date. The U.S. mint did not strike American Silver Eagles in 1900. If it was a Commemorative, it would probably have dual dates.

Back
Top Bottom