• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Offset...

Balthazar00

Default rank <1250 posts Lifetime Supporter
ODT Junkie!
35   0
Reaction score
Does anyone know what the offset is for hunting on a property close to a residential area? I own some property directly behind my house that my family and I enjoy quite a bit. Another person owns the property that is right behind mine and he was putting some deer stands in the woods. They weren't too far away from my property line... maybe 200 or so feet away. I don't mind him hunting on his property (he can do almost whatever he wants!), but I'm a little concerned because it's so close to my property line and my family and I are back on our property quite a bit enjoying the creek, cleaning up debris, planting things, etc. I don't want my family and I to wind up with a bullet in us from the hunters! :shocked:

I think you may be SOL (sorry, out of luck). I had in my head that there used to be a restriction on the distance from a residence but I cannot find it now. He can be right on the property line if he wants to as long as he's on his property. Can you see the stands from your property? If you feel he's too close for comfort you may want to have a conversation with him. Hopefully he'll be receptive.

Back
Top Bottom