• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Okay who's up for fried bologna sammiches and home fries?

letusbuyyourcar

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
203   0
Reaction score
On today's episode of the $1.79 gourmet we are preparing fried bologna sandwiches and fried taters for Sunday lunch. Hell I may have this thread in the wrong section since you can't really call it a recipe. You get a little oil hot in the frying pan and throw the **** in, Just that simple. One of my theories is if you can't fry bologna and make grits you better not move out of your parents house.

When I was real little my grandmother fried bologna for me along with corned beef hash and cornmeal fried fish my grandfather caught. Anyway, one day when I was about 11\12 my mom left me at some Yankee woman's house for the day cause she had a pool. Me and probably 2 other kids. Come lunch time this woman handed me a plate with some chips and bologna straight out of the pack and flopped on the white bread. I was traumatized! I had no idea you could eat it right out of the pack and wasn't about to try it. To make matters worse they were Pepsi people. Yuck!

A friend hickory smoked a bologna. Now that was some good eats....and now I'm hungry.
Well I've heard people say that Boar's Head makes damn good bologna. But there's a tipping point here. I mean how much do I want to spend on bologna? Sure I'll pay for all beef and a brand I know. But paying a lot for bologna to me is like buying a $450.00 SKS. It just don't make sense.

Thick fried till dark brown dukes mayo . We was growing dad would buy bologna by stick put in freezer . When needed it get out cut off thick piece and fry up for sandwich. Have eat fried bologna and eggs for breakfast many a time. Brings back memories of the good old days. Thanks for starting post.

Guess I'm kinda white trash, love some fried bologna sandwiches but didn't know it came in beef or thick cut. Used to the dollar packs... I knew it was to cheap to be real food though.

Back
Top Bottom