• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Oklahoma youth season

murphranch

Default rank <1250 posts
ODT Junkie!
0   0
Reaction score
Took my youngest daughter out this morning for the last day of the youth season. Kinda bitter sweet. This is my last youth season with my family. Big sister aged out last year and is in college and little sis will do the same after this year. Just another "Last" event. It's not the end of our hunting by no means but a reminder that they grow up too fast. My daughters have been the best I could have asked for. Hunting, fishing and working on our ranch have been the backbone of our relationship after their mother and I separated. I've been blessed to have been their father and I know as they get older our time together will be less as they expand their horizons. Very fortunate that they have always wanted to go do these things with me. I never pushed sports, work, hunting or life in general on them but I gave them all the support and knowledge I could in any thing they pursued. If ya got little ones give them an extra hug tonight. On a funny side note my daughter and I walked right up on a huge sow and piglets in head high Johnson grass in pitch black darkness with only a pen light. SHTF in a hurry. I may have pooped a little. Was all good and she got to take a nice 10 point just 45 minutes later.
36ea492ed01d78169e26e6f82721c280.jpg

Sent from my LG-H700 using Tapatalk

Congrats it won’t be but a few years and they will fill that house up with grandbaby,and you will wonder why you didn’t have them first lol

Way to go dad! I have one turning 14 in 2 weeks and 1 that just turned 4. Crazy how fast the time goes. The oldest has no interest in hunting but the youngest does. Can’t wait for when the day comes I can sit in the stand with him.

Back
Top Bottom