Ol Jameis is at it again!!!

who.....the **** cares......about sports this much

watch the game, root for the team, but following an athlete life like they are important is beyond me

i might come across as jaded but do you know what i get at GSU? the ******** panthers.....and a 1500 dollar tuition hike so a bunch of low rent idiots with room temp IQs can throw a ball around

college is for academics and sports should be dead last. if anything is a mockery its the sports themselves IMO

*EDIT*

whoa, hey mods the asterisk block didnt work so i did it manually

who.....the **** cares......about sports this much

watch the game, root for the team, but following an athlete life like they are important is beyond me

i might come across as jaded but do you know what i get at GSU? the ******** panthers.....and a 1500 dollar tuition hike so a bunch of low rent idiots with room temp IQs can throw a ball around

college is for academics and sports should be dead last. if anything is a mockery its the sports themselves IMO

*EDIT*

whoa, hey mods the asterisk block didnt work so i did it manually
Well if it wasn't for sports, I wouldn't have been able to afford tuition. Sports gave me a full scholarship and degree. I agree they should be last but I don't agree that somebody should be allowed to continue at a university either in academics or sports with this much of a history.

Last edited:
Well if it wasn't for sports, I wouldn't have been able to afford tuition. Sports game me a full scholarship and degree. I agree they should be last but I don't agree that somebody should be allowed to continue at a university either in scholastics or sports with this much of a history.

thats all well and good for you but sports has driven my tuition cost up for supposedly the same education

if the university wants to give out scholarships thats fine but id rather not be the one to pay for it. fact is the athlete has taken precedent to other students because it makes the university money (which doesnt benefit average students).

its completely messed up and students are being treated as a commodity more now than ever

as a capitalist i believe in making money. then again i also believe in getting what i pay for and transparency. i wouldnt cite the university system as a free market since it relies more so now on gov transfers (aka scholarships and tuition assistance) rather than students paying their own way

the ****ed up thing is if everyone worked their way through college and paid for it as they went it would be cheaper for everyone. the other messed up thing is the majority of the students who supported the football team at GSU were ones that didnt pay tuition out of pocket anyway

its like i get punished for working and going to school.

I agree, it's def an unfair situation and is strangely ironic in the grand scheme. We all work hard for the most part for others to get something for free. Now that I've grown up and look back, essentially I was a welfare recipient of hard working students....FML, thanks for pissing on my back and telling me it's raining lol

I agree, it's def an unfair situation and is strangely ironic in the grand scheme. We all work hard for the most part for others to get something for free. Now that I've grown up and look back, essentially I was a welfare recipient of hard working students....FML, thanks for pissing on my back and telling me it's raining lol

dont recall calling you a welfare recipient, i called the university system a Government backed racket

dont recall calling you a welfare recipient, i called the university system a Government backed racket
you didn't, I was merely comparing the Dependents of society(which get things for free) and the athletes in college(which get things for free) and comparing them both as welfare recipients. Making a comparison of the relation between the two and how it is ironic because somebody has to pay for both

Most university football programs actually help offset the costs a bit for other non-athletes.

no it doesnt. it makes the school money but i dont see it returned to the students on a level playing field

they may justify it in expanding school owned assets (aka adding buildings, staff, etc.) which could be argued that is a benefit to the student,. but the raw dollar amount paid for by a student for tuition and fees is not recouped one bit

this is true especially in the case of GSU

My daughter was a National Merit Scholar and she got her BS and MS from Florida State with no cost. I suspect her education was paid by the money earned from athletics and the facilities were state of the art which benefited all students. Sorry GSU treats you badly...

Back
Top Bottom