OLD - Please refer to new thread - ODT Gun Show & Meet-Up - Moved to Jan 22, 2022!

Status
Not open for further replies.
FTFY, Sorry you are gonna miss it....
I'm sorry you're not.

We need more true, unconditional, uncompromising 2A supporters in this culture. We're giving it away and we don't even realize it. It's a terrible, counterproductive thing to show the anti 2A public that we need and/or are ok with gun control at our own events. It's the next best thing to a full concession to the anti-gun crowd and I want no part of it.

So your solution to gun control is build my own stadium??

We're supposed to be a community of 2A supporters. What does it say to the anti-2A crowd when we implement gun control at our own events???

Nope... just take a deep breath... and don't show up... totally your choice...seriously... chill...

I swim and shower without a gun on me, I hope that doesn't "trigger" (gun punn, sorry :)) you.

Nope... just take a deep breath... and don't show up... totally your choice...seriously... chill...

I swim and shower without a gun on me, I hope that doesn't "trigger" (gun punn, sorry :)) you.
You swim and shower without a gun on you because that is your choice. A choice that you, for the time being, still have the freedom to make. Keep making concessions. Keep showing the public that you don't really "need" to carry a gun. Watch what happens. I can assure you that if you continue to "chill" while people chip away at your rights, you won't have to worry about making that choice much longer. It will be made for you.

People who are continually willing to "chill" are the reason we find ourselves fighting to maintain freedoms and so often losing those fights.

I'm sorry you're not.

We need more true, unconditional, uncompromising 2A supporters in this culture. We're giving it away and we don't even realize it. It's a terrible, counterproductive thing to show the anti 2A public that we need and/or are ok with gun control at our own events. It's the next best thing to a full concession to the anti-gun crowd and I want no part of it.

I agree with most of what you said.
But your analogy (to me) was like saying "I would never eat fish, because of all the bones".
It just seemed a little over the top for me, knowing we are like minded folks.
Maybe like the mods remind me from time to time, "start your own thread" :) (or hold your own event the same day?)
I would probably try and go to both events. :thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom