OLD - Please refer to new thread - ODT Gun Show & Meet-Up - Moved to Jan 22, 2022!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess I am a bit confused Ken. While I know that ODT is open to the public, new members sign on every day. I got the impression from the owner of this site that this is a private event. ODT members only. When the owner of the site makes this comment on the first page of the announcement, "Don’t tell anyone, it’s a secret! This is not a public gun show, it’s for us. No outside advertising will be done for this event." The "US" in this indicates to me that it is a private event.
What am I missing here Ken?

Since I know you wouldn never respond in an attempt to be sarcastic or fan any flames, I’ll explain to those that dont understand.
People are acting like this somehow is an event with only people from a closed group, and we all should completely trust that everyone here is as trained and careful as the next. Therefore precautions such as door checks and guns safetied, shouldn’t be nessesary because we all know each other and there would be no one there that we wouldn’t trust completely.
But since the ODT is open to the public anyone that anyone that creates a username and pays for entry is allowed in, it is factually not a “private event” And so normal security procedures set forth by the venue, would need to be followed.
Surprised that anyone would need this spelled out.

It's a shame with 66,000 + members that this milestone event, would be open to the public! I thought it was for the members of ODT only also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom