• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Once again, the VA comes through for me, woohoo!

GAK9

Default rank <3000 posts
ODT Junkie!
36   0
Reaction score
Oh, wait. No they didn't. Here's how they f'ed me this time.
Back around the first part of February, I contacted the Blairsville VA clinic and spoke with my provider, a P.A., not an M.D., and she said she wanted me to have a CT scan w/ contrast. About 5 days later, I get a call from the Cobb VA saying the earliest they could get me in was 4/17. Awesome, as usual with the VA. I went ahead and accepted the appointment. A couple days before the appointment I call to reschedule the appointment because I had something come up at work I couldn't get out of. I asked for a location a little closer to me, but would go to Cobb if necessary. They told me I needed to reschedule with Community Care and sent a message to my provider. Her witch of a nurse messaged me with an incredibly snarky email asking who ordered this in the first place and why did I need Community Care? I replied "Your boss ordered it, and I have no idea why Cobb VA said I needed Community Care. She said she looked it up, and her boss, in fact, did order it. She said she would contact Cobb VA and find out why I needed CC.

Cobb VA called me last week and said "The reason you need CC is #1, we don't do that test in this clinic, so had you driven all the way here, we would have turned you away. #2, if you have it done at the VA hospital in ATL/Decatur, they're now scheduling for November, so you need to go to CC." How F'ing crazy is that? 7 months out, plus the original 2 months I've already waited.

Still haven't heard from CC to reschedule yet either. I cannot express to y'all how much I absolutely hate and despise the VA processes. I will say my care is actually good, but getting in to get the care is absurd.

When I called the National Archives back in October for copies of all my military records, including medical, they said there were about 35,000 requests ahead of me.

Cobb VA is on a steep learning curve opening up . The hearing aid department is good . The eye glass section is good. The dental department was screwed up BAD from 1-23 until 5-23 , when I finally got in to community care . Decatur is like going to a third world country . I’ve had surgical stuff done there with no complaints . Go Community Care if you can !

Not going to lie you had me for a second. Yeah the VA is pretty much useless. Bunch of self entitled union employees sucking on the government tit with no accountability.
i3yrwq4046v81.jpeg

I jumped into the private sector and had a great doc. The only thing with that is the VA turns down every request sent for approval. I go back into the VA and I have a hell of a time getting my yearly physical. Damn if you do, damn if you don't....

Back
Top Bottom