• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

One of the stupidest things I've seen lately

GodBlessTheUSA

Army Icon Lifetime Supporter
I brought down the Iron Curtain
154   0
Reaction score
Not to start a discussion on the insane costs of a college degree, or the "requirement" to have a college degree for too many jobs, but:

Screen Shot 2023-09-14 at 9.31.02 AM.png

The thing is, you can pay 45 k for someone with a masters degree if that is what the market is paying and what they are willing to work for. Just because you got an expensive degree in an obscure discipline that isn’t easy to capitalize, or a field of study the market is flooded with, doesn’t mean someone should overpay you. If someone paid $750 for a high point plus $200 in interest financing it on their credit card with the expectation or reselling it at a profit that doesn’t obligate anyone to pay $1000 for their high point.

Stupid asses. I'd regularly have recent graduates apply for positions and they'd ask for starting salaries in the $80+ range with absolutely NO job experience, not even running a cash register in a 7-11 while they attended "Uni."

This was twenty damned years ago. GTFOOH.

The thing is, you can pay 45 k for someone with a masters degree if that is what the market is paying and what they are willing to work for. Just because you got an expensive degree in an obscure discipline that isn’t easy to capitalize, or a field of study the market is flooded with, doesn’t mean someone should overpay you. If someone paid $750 for a high point plus $200 in interest financing it on their credit card with the expectation or reselling it at a profit that doesn’t obligate anyone to pay $1000 for their high point.
Wait whut? How am I going to pay my bills this month?

Back
Top Bottom