• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Opening day for dove!

I live in Toombs county and don't about the place your talking about...but wouldn't surprise me a bit. IF I go to a shoot around here, its at the prison. Free to shoot and there are birds...lots of ppl but birds too. Wish I had known you was coming down this way. I don't shoot any more, just to dam hot lol

I am not sure back around 2000 I worked there for about a year (2 couple of day every other week) Plane was always full of hunters and they said the biggest cost was shells there were so many birds you needed 2 guns to keep the barrels cool

I have ff mile out the a** so just room and board and the hunt cost for me?

I'll do so research

looks like you could do $600 to $1000 per day plus getting there

Argentina has a high priced visa as well but it is good for 5 years

Last edited:
I know how it is to pay and be disappointed. I have paid a couple of times for hunts which were pathetic.

I wish there was a better way to predict how the field will be. The last time I paid, I had a shot at two dove all day long-and the field looked real good. They just went somewhere else for some reason.

Dove shoots are hard now. There isn't nearly as much agriculture as there used to be. Not as many birds fly through as used to.

I did a pay shoot last year that was actually a great shoot for many people. I just happened to be on the wrong end of the field from where the birds were coming in. My luck isn't too good either apparently. By the time the birds got to me, if they even did, they were so high a full choke wouldn't have been enough. I took 3 shots all afternoon while people on the other end were doing quite well.

I get invited to six or eight free shoots a year. Don't always get my limit, but the fellowship is great.

I will never hunt doves on a pay field. I only shoot with folks I know.

I hunt a private field in Shady Dale (Jasper Co) we usually kill a limit with ease just about every time we go. This year it is like the birds have disappeared. 2 weeks ago there were hundreds of birds in the field. Opening day I shot at 5 and killed 2. This morning I shot at 2 and killed zero. I dont know whats going on with them. It seems as everyone is struggling this year.

Back
Top Bottom