• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Opening Dove Day......... How was your hunt????

Lots and lots of pigeons, only a handful of dove where we were (but as long as it flies, I'll shoot it!). I'm also burned lobster-red.

Had a fun time shooting with my dad. Hadn't been dove hunting in about seven years, so it was really enjoyable.

I went with my dad and my better half. Our game plan back fired:( we were the first ones at the field behind our guides like we planned, but we picked the wrong spots. There was plenty of birds, but we just were at the wrong spots. We will get them next year!! My hunting season is about 95% over now.

I shot a private field this afternoon. 2 birds short of a limit all my fault. Great lunch before the shoot and better friends. The great part doing it again in the morning.

Opening day of Dove season was great!!

14100289987492.jpg
14100290077683.jpg
14100290131904.jpg
14100290364117.jpg

Not as good as I had hoped. Hunted Crockford-Pigeon WMA. The last two years there have been great. Hunted the same spot as the previous years. Birds were flying nearly all day but not by us. Too many people too. Word got out I guess since this was the 3rd year for it. Most birds were way too high. My hot reloads and a full choke wouldn't touch them. Really thought about putting in my turkey choke.

Back
Top Bottom