• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Opinions - Sig Sauer Tango 6t LPVO

BMC73

Default rank <300 posts
Tracker
7   0
Reaction score
Looking for a LPVO for my 14.5 GeisseleSD/LMT build.

Been looking at the Sig Sauer Tango 6t.

Anyone have hands experience with them? How is the glass, reticle, illumination?

https://www.sigsauer.com/tango6t-1-6x24-mm.html

t6t-left.jpg

I have both the NX8 1-8x24 and Tango 6T - Both have good glass and illumination. Running a Mil C on the NX8 and the 556/762 horseshoe on the 6T. I have been very impressed by the clarity and brightness of the 6T especially at a price point of less than $1K. The NX8 eye relief sux for me. I find the 6T to be much faster but the dot is a little large for longer range target shooting. The NX8 works better for me for precision work

NF is coming out with a new reticle for their LpVO's soon. That said, the NX8 isn't very good. I don't have nor do I have any experience with the Sig, but it's still just a foreign manufactured optic with their name slapped on it.

If I were buying right now, I'd save up some more for a Kahles K16i or the Gen 3 Razor 1-10.

The K18i is optically the best SFP LPVO hands down. I've tried a truckload of LPVOs and its just unreal and still remains on my fav carbine today.
The S&B Short Dot Dual CC 1-8 is considered the best FFP LPVO
Both of those are expensive.

Vortex Razor 1-6 (reticle is ok) and 1-10 are good (not too heavy)
Vudu 1-6 is great and actually has a wonderful eyebox for FFP, but turrets don't lock
Vudu 1-8 is good if you don't mind a more simplistic reticle and SFP
Tango 6's are just fine optics as well as they are made at LOW Japan

I don't look at 34mm LPVOs, maybe for an AR10 (I don't look at those either) but they just don't make sense to me nor do I think they are necessary, especially at the weight penalty.

As much as I love Nightforce products, I did not like the NX8. I do like the new reticle...a lot.

The LPVO world is still full of trade offs. No one has made a perfect one. Yet....

Back
Top Bottom