• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Outpost Armory

jbales

Default rank <100 posts
Hunter
16   0
Reaction score
If you or someone you know is traveling towards Nashvegas it's worth your time to stop in Murfreesboro and check out the reloading section. They had a lot of stuff I couldn't find locally. All the Alliant powders I wanted to try I picked up there. I found a lot of miscellaneous tools I was wanting too. I took a list of what family and friends needed and knocked out a lot if it, again this was all stuff I couldn't find at local shops (where I prefer to do business).

Of course it's cool to hold a $10k Barrett too.

I've driven past them twice in the last month, but always in too much of a hurry to stop in. Likely heading to Kentucky next week and driving right by there, will make a point to stop in this time!

I usually stop in there on my way back from Nashville. Nice place to browse. I do like fondling their Barrett. Decent prices on reloading stuff. I picked up some once fired 6.8 brass last time I was there.

Very nice store and I always try to stop by when heading to Nashville. Being next door to Barrett HQ ain't bad either. We can dream, right?

img.tapatalk.com_d_14_01_19_je2a4u3u.jpg

Makes me smile.

What kind of prices for a lb of powder?

Been there before but wasn't impressed with their pricing at the time but it's been a few years.

Honestly I didn't pay real close attention. Of the powder I bought I had not seen it anywhere else and can't say if it was more or less. 2400, 300-MP, and RL 19 were all 21 each I forget what the rest were. My feeling is that if a store has what I'm looking for I don't care if it's a small percentage more, they have it, I want it, done deal. My wife would drive across town to save $.03 on a gallon of gas, but my time is more valuable than all that mess.

Last edited:
$21 each is very reasonable these days. I don't like seeing powder for $30+/lb unless it's Vihnanoouri or however you spell it. :)

I used to really look forward to going in there when driving to the in-laws... until this last visit (I'll spare the full story, but a jackass working the reloading counter made me swear off that store for at least the next three years). I've bought primers in bulk there, a few Maxpedition things, and it was the first place I found frog lube on the shelf. Pricing is a little high, but I didn't mind so much because it was the part of the drive I looked forward to (my little reward for going to the in-laws). One other little fact- Tennessee doesn't have income tax, but they do have just shy of a 10% sales tax. I found that out when I bought 6K primers there last year and thought it was a little too expensive.

So I'm in the market for a new store between Georgia and Indianapolis if anyone has any suggestions.

Back
Top Bottom