• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

P80 or Glock mags?

geezer

Marines Icon Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
781   0
Reaction score
Going through my extra mags and I found a P80 mag in my 17 box. It looks every bit the quality of factory G17 mags…Is it? The 15 round magpulls are not near as nice as G19 glocks… what say you?

Magpul mags swell when loaded, and stick when inserting or dropping a full mag. I found that out when I got a Dagger…like I said, I ended up with a P80, and it is metal lined like Glocks, so I was wondering if it’s a good mag?

Never had a single problem with GL9's in my SS or any of the Glocks i owned. My 920 will spit the mag out 3 or 4" from the gun laying flat on a table when released.

Definitely not saying you're incorrect. I've experienced differently.

Magpul over P80 any day, unless P80 outsources to Mecgar or something... They been in the mag game a long time(and on top).

Run a few hundred rounds through it and see for yosef lol.
I dig Mecgar mags too. They make most of the factory Taurus mags I've seen. Maybe that's why they're expensive. At first I thought it was a dirty trick by Taurus. You know sell the gun cheap and make it up on the extra mags.
I have several Magpul Glock mags in the mag drawer. Most still in the factory bags. I have used them a few times with no issues. Well there was one issue. Once you get them around halfway full they're a real bitch to top off. But so are my factory Glock mags. Guess I just need a mag loader.

Magpul mags swell when loaded, and stick when inserting or dropping a full mag. I found that out when I got a Dagger…like I said, I ended up with a P80, and it is metal lined like Glocks, so I was wondering if it’s a good mag?
Okay now think WAY back to the early Glock days as in late 80s. Those early Glock mags were either not metal lined or not all the way around. So if my memory serves me correctly the early Glock factory mags would not drop free when you hit the button unless they were empty or close to it. But then they changed them up so they would drop free loaded or not. I recall local Macon cops bitching because they wouldn't drop free . And I asked why you needed to drop a loaded mag in a hurry to begin with.

Back
Top Bottom