Paging the revolver guru's

derek81

Default rank <2000 posts
ODT Junkie!
49   0
Reaction score
I found this burried in my dad's safe and he does not want it, so rather than keeping it I figured I'd suprise him and trade it towards something he would like to have. The problem is I have no idea what exact model this is other than a S&W 38 and what it's worth. It also has what appears to be a S&W holster and the gun is in very good shape from what I can tell. Anyone know much about this gun and what it should sell for?
IMG_0053.JPG

Thank you sir! It appears to be a model 36. Anyone one what to sell this thing for or what kind of trade value to expect?

I'm either going to get him a semi auto handgun or a shotgun. He thinks I just took it to keep but I know he'll be pumped to get a new toy out of it.

I've seen several on this site listed in the $450-550 range. If the top and right side look as good as the left side in the picture and the timing and lock up are good and there's no end shake to speak of, it should be worth that in trade value or an outright sale.

I found this burried in my dad's safe and he does not want it, so rather than keeping it I figured I'd suprise him and trade it towards something he would like to have. The problem is I have no idea what exact model this is other than a S&W 38 and what it's worth. It also has what appears to be a S&W holster and the gun is in very good shape from what I can tell. Anyone know much about this gun and what it should sell for?
View attachment 158958

Beautiful little Smith. It is a small frame known as J-frame. Since you only mentioned M. 36 and no -number, I will assume it is a no dash M. 36 or the original actual M. 36. The value is probably $400-$450, less depending on wear, more depending on the current panic even for revolvers. Box and doc's might bring another $25-$50. Serial # would probably enable you to determine approximate date of shipping.

JWC and a few others can probably tell you more. Good luck with it.

Back
Top Bottom