• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Pappy Van Winkle

I have never had any Pappy so I hesitate to chime in. I hear people say its all hype and I have heard people say the opposite? I have been on a rye kick for a few months now. Cant go wrong with the Bulleit Rye, or the Angels Envy.

View attachment 1354944
Drink too much of that rye and you'll wake up with your mouth tasting like you've been chewing grass clippings.

If you can find any of the 12 year Elijah Craig floating around still, snatch it. I'll give an extra $10 for it.

I'm curious as well. I hope very little.
I have seen it around, I use to love EG when most was the 12yr at a great price. Last I saw t was close to $45 for the 12yr. At the price, you have Cora’s the Rowan’s Creek and touching Noah’s Mill and shy of Blantons pricing. For $15 less, I’ll stick with Eagle Rare (which Sherlock’s in East Cobb has a hand selected barell for normal price), Russell Reaerve 10yr or Henry McKenna 10yr. Let’s hope these 3 don’t change and costs don’t go up!

Basil Hayden my go to, for about $40.

As far as an under the radar bourbon, Ancient Ancient Age 10 Star (yes, 2 Ancients) The half gallon plastic bottle is really inexpensive. Not in the same league as the above nominees, but good one at a good price.

Back
Top Bottom