Physical Fitness When SHTF

Do You Exercise, And How?

• I'm a full blown marathon runner

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Depending on the type of incident, be it a terrorist attack, electromagnetic pulse, natural disaster, or real zombies, you might find yourself with your vehicle trapped, dead, or the highways clogged, and nothing but your CCW and pocket knife to get you home to your real supplies. Got a bug out bag in your car? Cool, but perhaps that will just slow your ass down getting back to your home to get/protect your kids and stuff. Being able to cover a few miles in a short time could be very important, and being able to do that daily means you likely do way more with lives at stake. I have recently found a very fun new (to me) way to test both my cardio and strength. What I have been getting into recently, in addition to weights and cardio, are these various "mud runs", like the Warrior Dash, Gladiator, Tough Mudder, etc. It is fun to see what I can physically do in different situations, plus you can run with friends, and there is beer and rock n roll after (how can you beat that?). There is a new run (10k, 20-25 obstacles) on 11/3/12, called the Rogue Runner, in LaGrange. http://www.roguerunnerrace.com/?gclid=CP7Gr7ufvrICFQQ4nAodgkIA_w Check it out, I'll be running with some other EMTs and firefighters (and whoever else wants to play with us), join team LifeSupport if you sign up, and run with us at noon.

A pub run sounds like a lot of fun indeed, what are the details on that?

Our group occasionally gets together for a pub run. Someone picks a theme, this one was long socks, short shorts, sunglasses and a headband-perfect fot the ladies. :D Sunglasses must be worn at all times, if they are not you are going to be carrying a small dildo that looks a bit like baby jeezus. We plan a route, and spend 30 minutes or so at each bar between runs.

If SHTF tomorrow people will adapt or perish. The ones in good shape with a bit of body fat will do better than the marathon runners with no body fat at all. I do cardio everyday and upperbody every 3 days, work out on the heavy bag twice a week and walk everyday. I'm no martathon runner but for having a spinal injury and entering my late 40's I'm in pretty good shape.

Our group occasionally gets together for a pub run. Someone picks a theme, this one was long socks, short shorts, sunglasses and a headband-perfect fot the ladies. :D Sunglasses must be worn at all times, if they are not you are going to be carrying a small dildo that looks a bit like baby jeezus. We plan a route, and spend 30 minutes or so at each bar between runs.
Sounds like a blast. I would join you but I'm afraid I would cheat and sneak off to my car between pubs thus saving my fat ass from the exercise. It would suck if after the third pub my drunk fat ass ran over the rest of you.

Back
Top Bottom