Picking Up A Classic Winchester Rifle!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mirvin 264

Eagle Icon Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
440   0
Reaction score
I'm about to trade into a rifle I had never heard of until the offer was presented to me- A pristine condition Winchester Model 100 semi-auto rifle in .308 and topped with a period correct Weaver 4X scope with corresponding mounts- It hasn't been fired in at least 30 years, and is in completely original, unmolested condition! The rifle has not been through the factory recall for the firing pin replacement, so that will be my first order of business once it's in my possession- This looks to be such a cool rifle with the beautiful basket weave and oak leaf checkering (it's a circa 1970 model),and in an awesome caliber too! Just wondering if anyone else knows much about or owns/has owned one of these in the past, and what your thoughts are about it? I got alot of good info from Gordylew on here, he seems to be a true expert on the model, and I really appreciate it!

Attachments

• photo (1).JPG
    photo (1).JPG
    324.8 KB · Views: 12
  • photo (2).JPG
    photo (2).JPG
    320.3 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
The old steel tube K4 is likely still very usable. They were great scopes. Many had fine crosshairs, that I'd have a hard time seeing now, but those optics are great. The Model 100 was ahead of its time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom