• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

"Pull up" holsters?

clisbyclark

Default rank <300 posts
Tracker
14   0
Reaction score
I've seen ads for these holsters -sorry I forgot the name- that are integrated into a wide belt that is worn inside the pants. When you need to draw, you pull up on a tab and the holster comes up. Holster said to fit 99% of handguns and not show through clothes. I have little to no cc experience but this looks like a pretty good solution. I'm also aware that many ads are deceptive.

Does anyone have experience with these type of rigs? If so, what's the brand name? TIA!

If this helps…. here are a few pics of my Urban Carry holster. Bought it a while back and I think they have a more refined iteration of the design now. I have not used it because I carry my cell phone in the same place on my belt. I don’t think I would carry larger than the Hellcat I placed in it for example…. especially if you have much "gut overhang" at the belt line….. and like Bill said above, doesn’t work well with jeans…. the holster would seem to accommodate something like a "pocket gun" better…. like maybe LCP Max or such.

Side note…. I believe there is a video online of congregant response to a church shooter in Texas a few years back where (I seem to recall) a woman stood up and drew/fired her handgun at the perp…. and it appeared she was carrying in an Urban Carry holster….
4989a446da0953e6adda345a42b3b61c.jpg

d3ac593d241b97eb6db5f680f5f1b3a2.jpg

627ad2396e86ca8ddd6d0837053837b1.jpg

974012db31c4fa4c538c6081ab93f72d.jpg

There's nothing better than getting paid to look out the window....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Each holster type is an individual choice... within reason the only true way for you to know "is this right for me in this situation"...
You may go through a few, but ODT allows you to sell the ones that didn't work for you instead of becoming a holster horder...
Just my 2 cents...

If you don't have a box of holsters that didn't quite cut it you can't be a serious gun toter!

I never had one, but always thought that was a good option. I think if you have a hangover belly, it wouldn't work well. If you're fit, I think it would work very well. I also like a pocket holster. Been using those a long time. However you'll have many more options with that waist holster. I also like a inside waist holster were the pistol butt extends above the waist line. Used a shoulder rig a long time too

If you don't have a box of holsters that didn't quite cut it you can't be a serious gun toter!
I have 2 boxes full and still don't have it worked out. There is a lot of coin invested in those boxes. I know I'm a hard case and being a scrawny shrimp doesn't help either. I love the cold weather so I can wear 2 shirts with a shoulder holster in between. I wish I could wear a shoulder rig all year long.

I have 2 boxes full and still don't have it worked out. There is a lot of coin invested in those boxes. I know I'm a hard case and being a scrawny shrimp doesn't help either. I love the cold weather so I can wear 2 shirts with a shoulder holster in between. I wish I could wear a shoulder rig all year long.

I've got a couple of boxes too. And I've sold and cleaned out a bunch. I agree with you on the shoulder holsters. I love them. Used to wear a tee with an unbuttoned shirt sleeve over it to use one in the summer. Seems like now even that's too hot.

Back
Top Bottom